pterinopelma sazimai info

Joseppi189

Arachnopeon
Hello all, this is my new pterinopelma sazimai and I was looking around for info and couldn't find much.. Anyone know what their temperament is like as adults and what the potency of their venom is?
She certainly is fast right now, that I can say for sure haha.

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
That doesn't answer either of my questions, hence why I asked them.

It did answer your questions. Its the same basic thread:/

They're slightly skittish and as for venom, its new world....venom not significant.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
That doesn't answer either of my questions, hence why I asked them.
You said you couldn't find much info. I linked you to the paper that described the species. How much more detailed can you get? With habitat photos, exact locations for you to research temps, humidity, rainfall etc. The paper also shows you how closely related this genus is to Lasiodora and Nhandu, so it's safe to assume temperaments and venom will be close as well. Sure, they might not be the exact same but the slight differences aren't going to really matter considering they are just New World terrestrials. :)

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Just think I should point out, my sling doesn't form a burrow. It stays out in the open. Could be just his personality or it could be like the rest of his species. Hard to tell since they're relatively new.

Last edited:

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The paper also shows you how closely related this genus is to Lasiodora and Nhandu, so it's safe to assume temperaments and venom will be close as well. Sure, they might not be the exact same but the slight differences aren't going to really matter considering they are just New World terrestrials. :)
Sounds like they've got nasty hairs then? I've never heard sazimai owners complain about that but I guess most of the ones available in the hobby are still slings.

Thanks for the link, advan. I didn't realize urticating hairs could differ between males and females.

Joseppi189

Arachnopeon
oh i didnt even click on that report, was reading through the thread. didnt know you were pointing to read that scientific classifications report, all you did was link the thread so i read the thread (again since i already read it once). all of the info on that thread was about slings and how to keep them so my questions were geared towards adults. i know how the slings are, i have him ;) the way my sling acts is pretty much the exact same as my gooty. likes to hang in the open, very fast, and skittish.
the new worlds i have the most experience with are in the grammostola and brachypelma genus along with an older T blondi, none of them are this fast. the salmon pink from what ive read isnt usually skittish either. maybe thats just a sling trait but again, thats why i was specifically asking about the adults as thats where the lack of info lies. this sling reminds me a lot of my gooty and monocentropus balfouri with its behavior. not so much of a desire to make a deep borrow like the balfouri though, it made a little nook to chill in against the glass and thats it.
perhaps there just arent any adults for people to talk about yet.. has only been a few years and they seem to be pretty slow growing.