E. Pachypus

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I have recently bought a small juvenile E. Pachypus with a legspan of around 3 cm. It does not have the thick legs that females of this species have, so I am wondering if anyone know whether this is something the females develop at a later molt or if I can assume that it is a male?

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Post a pic. Mine's at 5cm and has hairy legs. I'm not even sure if they're sexually dimorphic, but if so I'd say yours is a male.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I believe they are sexually dimorphic. The females have the fuzzy back legs. Mine already had fuzzy legs when I got her and she was at 3"

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
They definitely are dimorphic. I can post a picture tomorrow if it helps, but it has no signs at all of having fuzzy legs.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
My male matured around 2.5" and showed no indication of the stout legs forming.

So I'd expect the females to be showing the stout back legs by that size, I ended up purchasing an AF so can't really help.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
My male matured around 2.5" and showed no indication of the stout legs forming.

So I'd expect the females to be showing the stout back legs by that size, I ended up purchasing an AF so can't really help.
Are you planning to try to breed them?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A legspan of 3cm versus one of 3" is nearly half only. Your T is pretty small still, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them develop in time - however check on the rest of the info provided in here, since I personally don't keep one of these. Although I'd like to...their looks are pretty cute :)

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
It has locked itself in the burrow now and is refusing food, so I assume a molt is around the corner :)