Giant white banded bigger than LP?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I was wondering how typically these outgrow LP? Body size (Not LS)
Acanthoscurria brocklehursti . My female looks about 7.5-8.5'" but her leg span same as LP but bigger body.
Wider carpace, Abdomen same size.

I like both Ts, Dont care about size just curious.:biggrin: Maybe just a smaller LP?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Genics do get big, and their average may be larger than LP's average (which is 7-8"). There are tarantulas in about 10 genera that hit 8". For 'marketing' reasons, the typical sizes of some species are exaggerated, which is certainly the case with LP's. I've seen people post here that they just bought an LP sling and that they now have a spider that'll become 10". Ha! I had an adult female LP that maxed out at 7".

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Genics do get big, and their average may be larger than LP's average (which is 7-8"). There are tarantulas in about 10 genera that hit 8". For 'marketing' reasons, the typical sizes of some species are exaggerated, which is certainly the case with LP's. I've seen people post here that they just bought an LP sling and that they now have a spider that'll become 10". Ha! I had an adult female LP that maxed out at 7".
I have a 10 inch A.avic.

Bipolar Spider

Arachnopeon
Just picked out a moult a while ago from my LP, from my little experience no, they don't get as big. None of mine seem as chunky in comparison but these might just be mine. No idea how big she is now

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I saw a LP at an expo a couple of years ago that was easily 9 inches. Biggest spider I have ever seen, massive carapace, big blocky legs. She was cheap, so I'm assuming WC. She put most of the Theraphosa species I've seen to shame.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I saw a LP at an expo a couple of years ago that was easily 9 inches. Biggest spider I have ever seen, massive carapace, big blocky legs. She was cheap, so I'm assuming WC. She put most of the Theraphosa species I've seen to shame.

My Stirmi adults, male and female, are 9" to 10", measured by molts. Theraphosa still beat everything else. 9" is certainly not the average LP.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Must be trolling cuz no avic reaches 10" lol. Some Goliath dont even get that big, but I think they average bigger than any other T.
You know when you have to explain it to someone, It kind of ruins the joke.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't own an LP and frankly they don't appeal to me as much as my huge A. geniculata girl. I like the striking contrast on her way better than how the LPs look! Besides, she does have a massive carapace by now, huge chelizerae and very stocky legs. And despite all that, she can still move very quickly as she showed me the other day when I wanted to steal her waterdish for cleaning...boy she didn't like that :laugh:

cold blood

Staff member
I'd expect genic to be consistently just a bit larger....L. klugi on the other hand, is probably bigger as they get thicker and bigger than paraybana.

Lp's tend to be in the 7-8" range more often than not....genics are more consistently in the 8" range from what I've seen.

Last edited: