Need suggestions for a communal buthid

baijuncheng

Arachnopeon
It's weird, when I first got a scorpion I wanted a P. imperator because of its impressive looks. I first got a Heterometrus sp. and then I was able to find a P. imperator. I then saw some Heterometrus sp. for sale, if you buy two you get a Mesobuthus martensii for free. I bought them. Turns out the M. martensii is my favourite of the lot.

Now, I want to build a new enclosure for another buthid scorpion. I want a species which can live communally, preferably one I can keep on sand. All of my enclosures have dirt, I want something different. Size/venom potency doesn't matter. Any suggestions?

toidy

Arachnosquire
I have some H. Franzwerneri. Not comfortable with the idea of keeping it communal though. Not unless they are all adults. :)

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The only species I have kept together without a loss through all instars is Tityus stigmurus.I keep everything separated until adult now.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I was nervous keeping my adult H. Franzwerneri together at first but they all just lay together like Marks pic shows
Only saw a couple defensive displays from them but I expected that from Hottentottas :)