Surprise! Here's an egg sac for ya

Roosterbomb

Arachnopeon
Woke up today and found an egg sac in with my b vagans. Gonna start looking at options and care of sacs. Any ideas about how to proceed from here would be appreciated.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
The search function would be useful.
Wow that's kind of flippant.??.?

To OP, I have not personally gotten or cared for any sacs but here is the info I know from my own research.
Keep track of the date the sac was laid. Most people pull the sac at about day thirty. In the meantime, take her water dish away so she won't roll the sac into the water. Standing water will kill the sac. Just make sure that part of her sub is moistened. put her enclosure on a quiet location in the warmest area of your house away from any commotion or day to day disturbances. When you pull the sac there are dozens, possibly hundreds of you tube videos detailing the process. My personal favorite are Robc's vids. He has a couple of tutorial vids on setting up inexpensive but effective incubators for the ewl's as well so definately worth checking out.

Keep researching and combing the threads here for more info. Watch vids of sac pulls etc on you tube. Good luck with you brood. :) congrats on the sac!

Roosterbomb

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the replies guys. The search function is very usefull but when you are confronted with a sac on your way to work it's more of a patch thing until I can put some time into research. I was also more interested in the aftermath situation like what the hell am I gonna do with xyz amount of babies lol. The female was bred a while back by its previous owner and it was believed she was too far along in her molt cycle so it was actually a surprise.
So I was wondering about the little things like why you prefer deli cups over vials,that sort of thing is it better to get them at costco. I would have done this research already if I indeed bred the spider myself. I also appreciate the dud sac theory I never considered that.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Thanks for the replies guys. The search function is very usefull but when you are confronted with a sac on your way to work it's more of a patch thing until I can put some time into research. I was also more interested in the aftermath situation like what the hell am I gonna do with xyz amount of babies lol. The female was bred a while back by its previous owner and it was believed she was too far along in her molt cycle so it was actually a surprise.
So I was wondering about the little things like why you prefer deli cups over vials,that sort of thing is it better to get them at costco. I would have done this research already if I indeed bred the spider myself. I also appreciate the dud sac theory I never considered that.
And again I have no practical experience here but I've learned a few things when researching these issues when I paired my G. porteri. (No sac as yet, here's to hoping! ;)) Personally I think deli cups are better than vials since delis offer better access as well as better ability to get enough cross ventilation. I'm not certain who said it but I think it was Poec that said that slings raised in vials tend to have a harder time. I'm sure he will clarify.

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
60 bucks for a case at most restaurant supply stores just get a case of cups then buy lids as you need them think both the lids and cups both come in packages of 200 that's where I get all my cages

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You can get 1000 1 oz portion cups with lids on ebay for around $45 shipped. Alot cheaper to buy them that way. And with a vagans sac you might be looking at 200-1000 slings.