A. Phaiodactylus in northern(ish) Utah

Desert scorps

Arachnobaron
I am supprised about what i found yesterday. At school a few people were saying they found some scorpions back on the mountain about 3 minutes from my house. When we went there i couldnt find anything. Just when we were about to leave we saw a little sandy area with hard compacted sand thats had tons of burrows in it. One stood out to me because of the shape of it. So i dug and there it was in defence posture ready to strike! I couldnt beleive i found one so close to where i live. Here is a picture of it.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Theyre actually easier to collect by luring them out with a stick, just drag it around near the mouth of their burrow and they'll try to grab it. if you're careful, you can get them out, then block the burrow with your hand. Their venom is remarkably ineffectual against humans, unless you have an allergy. Most times they wont even sting. (males do, though) they prefer to pinch.

Desert scorps

Arachnobaron
Theyre actually easier to collect by luring them out with a stick, just drag it around near the mouth of their burrow and they'll try to grab it. if you're careful, you can get them out, then block the burrow with your hand. Their venom is remarkably ineffectual against humans, unless you have an allergy. Most times they wont even sting. (males do, though) they prefer to pinch.
Awesome thanks for the tip! And i have noticed they always pinch, never seen her sting.

---------- Post added 05-31-2015 at 03:08 PM ----------

Also, one more question how big do they get? If this one is mature then i might try to find a mature male to breed. Thanks

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Awesome thanks for the tip! And i have noticed they always pinch, never seen her sting.

---------- Post added 05-31-2015 at 03:08 PM ----------

Also, one more question how big do they get? If this one is mature then i might try to find a mature male to breed. Thanks
That's likely a mature specimen. Phaiodactlyus doesnt grow as large as Pococki.