help me decide what Ts to get next

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have enough to keep me busy for a while and i can start being a lil more picky but there are so many its hard to narrow it down so....

whats your fave new to the hobby (last 4 years or so) and whats your fave hobby classic (been around 5+ years)

cold blood

Staff member
Get a Pamphobeteus species! No brainer IMO.

Or C. schieodtei.....I. mira may not exactly be "new", but a really cool and unique t for sure. H. pulchripes are beginning to make their rounds as well, and they're quite spectacular looking, albeit ridiculously expensive....Xenesthis sp.

Classics? A. geniculata, N. chromatus, G. pulchra/pulchripes, GBB, Brachy's, A. versicolor, P. cancerides....C. marshalli SHOULD be a hobby classic if it isn't already considered so.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Ephebopus species, Avicularia species, Hapalopus sp. "Columbia" large/small, and if you want to join a cult there's always Grammostola pulchra.

DVMT

Arachnosquire
New : Bumba cabocla (Although I don't exactly know how new they are)

Good old species: any Brachypelma or Psalmopeous

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Honestly, I felt I had all the Ts I wanted but now Jose has me wanting a B baumgarteni -- and knowing I'd probably end up with a hybrid makes me not likely to take a chance on one. But that would be my next dream addition. Just the pix alone are amazing!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i have enough to keep me busy for a while and i can start being a lil more picky but there are so many its hard to narrow it down so....

whats your fave new to the hobby (last 4 years or so) and whats your fave hobby classic (been around 5+ years)
What Ts do you have already?

Last edited:

Sam_Peanuts

Arachnobaron
My new favorite T is Encyocratella olivacea ever since I got one(I wish I could have gotten more) a few months ago. Great webbers and eaters, very good looking and they like to move around a lot either underground or at the top of plants and bark.

It's an old world though so you have to be used to those before getting one or you'll likely regret it.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Favorite classic is hands down P. irminia. Anyone here who knows my posts can tell you I am a huge fan of this species. Cool looking, animated, build intricate web castles. All around great spiders.

As for new species, I'm really liking Heterothele gabonensis. It builds really cool web domains as well but are also communal and very fun to watch. Not to mention very pretty colors.

-Sean

Last edited:

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
some nice suggestions
Bumba cabocla and horrida both on my list now as well as H. pulchripes and Encyocratella olivacea I think Xenesthis sp is on everyones list if its not it should be

Euatlhus sp. "Red" anyone on here have them?

this is about half of what I have so far mostly in groups of 5+ some adults mixed in but mostly slings
Brachypelma albopilosum
Aphonopelma seemanni
Brachypelma vagans
Ceratogyrus darling
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Cyriocosmus perezmilesi
Grammostola pulchra
Grammostola pulchripes
Hapalopus spp.
Heteroscodra maculata
Paraphysa scrofa
Grammostola rosea
Poecilotheria vittata
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Pterinochilus murinus
Psalmopoeus irminia
Pterinochilus lugardi

---------- Post added 05-31-2015 at 12:38 AM ----------

Favorite classic is hands down P. irminia. Anyone here who knows my posts can tell you I am a huge fan of this species. Cool looking, animated, build intricate web castles. All around great spiders.

As for new species, I'm really liking Heterothele gabonensis. Also builds really cool web domains but are also communal and very fun to watch. Not to mention very pretty colors.

-Sean
been looking for that one saw a pic but never found the name thank you and they are communal? even better

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Yes, having a communal setup of some kind should be in every hobbyist's collection. And these make a great candidate.

-Sean

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
E. sp. "red" are being owned by quite some on here. I myself raised 4 of them from tiny little dots to now ~2" and aside growing very slowly (my MM took about 4 years to mature - 3 years in my care) they're adorable. However, don't try holding these communally - it won't work. Slow growers, good eaters, extremely curious / docile nature, like to dig. Great dwarf species to have.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Also, I believe Anastasia bred some gabons out earlier this year. She should have them for sale on Net-bug. Not cheap, but worth it!

-Sean

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Psalmopeous pulcher... nice add to your Psalm. collection. For something newer, I'm liking the P. sazimai suggestion.

Also, I believe Anastasia bred some gabons out earlier this year. She should have them for sale on Net-bug. Not cheap, but worth it!

-Sean
I have a couple...little monsters.

p.s. You know... a girl from our state of MN hatched some out at the end of last year. ;)

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
p.s. You know... a girl from our state of MN hatched some out at the end of last year. ;)
Oh really who's that? I'm excited to be in the state now (just moved) and hope to meet a lot of the breeders in the community around here. The way I see it, when it comes to sending males or doing splits, its a lot easier to drive than ship.

-Sean

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Oh really who's that? I'm excited to be in the state now (just moved) and hope to meet a lot of the breeders in the community around here. The way I see it, when it comes to sending males or doing splits, its a lot easier to drive than ship.

-Sean
The best way to do that is to join Minnverts. I'll PM you with details.