Monoceptropus balfouri

Joseppi189

Arachnopeon
hello guys, i bought a 3" M. balfouri for $150 that the guy said was a female.. turns out, its a male. what does a 3" male balfouri go for about? this way ill either try to get some money back or a deal on some new slings he has coming in..

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
If you bought it as a female you should contact the guy who sold it to you and try to either return the spider or at least get some money back.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
agreed if he sold as sexed fm contact him, not just say "its a boy give me money." but you ordered a fm you should get a fm! no questions asked. if you tell him your supposed fm sexed out male. he will then usually offer money, if having a male is ok by you, then sweet take the difference, if not he should replace it :)

iv had a sexed fm molt out male once.. i was NOT happy i simply said "hello [name here] im contacting you as a dilemma has come up.. the sexed female has molted out as 100% male.. im contacting you to see how you would like to go about with this mistake"...i attached a picture of him by the molt with a quarter for size reference [paranoid hed say not the same T and then the open molt beside my phone on the lock screen [time and date showing] and the quarter on the opposite side then a close up showing it was male [was obvious from first image tho] and my mistake was quickly fixed i got a refund of the difference and a offer of store credit or a sling or two for the inconvenience.. most are happy to fix what theyv done.. but hopefully youv used a well known breeder and not someone from like facebook or anything..

horanjp

Arachnosquire
hello guys, i bought a 3" M. balfouri for $150 that the guy said was a female.. turns out, its a male. what does a 3" male balfouri go for about? this way ill either try to get some money back or a deal on some new slings he has coming in..
I'd reckon $70 at the cheapest, but probably not near the ceiling- $150. This same scenario happened to me with the same species even. I took what I could get sling-wise from the offending party, which was after some denial and argument. I walked away with like 5 LPs (lucky me) and kept the male. I bought a true female here from the classifieds, and they both ended up maturing a few months apart. Waiting on this sac to get ripe at the present. Don't be discouraged on this species just because of this experience....they're really something else.

hopefully youv used a well known breeder and not someone from like facebook or anything..
:giggle:

horanjp

Arachnosquire
'A select' of facebook sellers....just not subject to the same accountability as the AB classifieds IMO

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
'A select' of facebook sellers....just not subject to the same accountability as the AB classifieds IMO
Valid point! Wasnt quite thinking that when i posted tho xD

I was just thinking i hoped they bought from a dealer/reseller and not quite like swap and shop style thing in facebook xP but could tech fight for your money with paypal, not so much when meeting stranger and using cash [emoji14]

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've seen mature males recently advertised ranging from $100 to $175. Confirmed females are listed for up to $350, though usually in the $225 - $300 range. When he matures, "Pimp him out", as my daughters would say, on a 50/50. :)

cold blood

Staff member
I'd reckon $70 at the cheapest, but probably not near the ceiling- $150. This same scenario happened to me with the same species even. I took what I could get sling-wise from the offending party, which was after some denial and argument. I walked away with like 5 LPs (lucky me) and kept the male. I bought a true female here from the classifieds, and they both ended up maturing a few months apart. Waiting on this sac to get ripe at the present. Don't be discouraged on this species just because of this experience....they're really something else.

:giggle:
That's making lemonade outta lemons....way to go!! Best of luck with a sac in the future.

horanjp

Arachnosquire
That's making lemonade outta lemons....way to go!! Best of luck with a sac in the future.
Thanks...first timer here. I never count my eggs before they hatch, but I still find it difficult to contain my excitement for the future. Formerphobe and BlueJaye have been helping me out quite a bit, but the balfouri do most of the work for me. It's been embarrassingly easy. It's my sincerest hope that the OP can choose to taste that same lemonade very soon!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
A male sometime isn't a "disgrace". There's MM T's who costs a lot. Xenesthis immanis, Theraphosa sp. in general, Ephebopus murinus and, of course, Monocentropus balfouri