I'm so excited, I HAD to share.....

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
On Friday I am getting 8 new spiders. I am beyond excited! I'm getting 2x P. irminia (a dream species for me, I've wanted one since my first day in the hobby), 2x P. cambridgei, 2x T. ockerti, 1 B. smithi, and my second B. albopilosum.

Celebrate with me! :2::3::2::3::2::3:

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
On Friday I am getting 8 new spiders. I am beyond excited! I'm getting 2x P. irminia (a dream species for me, I've wanted one since my first day in the hobby), 2x P. cambridgei, 2x T. ockerti, 1 B. smithi, and my second B. albopilosum.

Congratulations some great species you're getting I think T ockerti may just be my next t Thrixopelma are beautiful

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
your welcome btw ;D if i wasnt nutty over them psalmos youd not has a smithi ^_^ and cant wait to unload these T.ocks ;P great species tho none the less ^_^ ofc i know because i have all of them myself too lmaoo

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Yay!

Hey -- way to go you!!! Have a blast with them! :)

Nothing so nerve-wracking and exciting as waiting for the FedEx man to HURRY UP and get here!
And the opening of vials -- some dart out super fast, some play dead (scary!) and some spend an hour stretching legs before deciding to leave their cocoon.
And the surprise 'sizes' of slings. Some so tiny and some unfold their legs and you're like "woah!" that's a big sling. :o_O:

lol Total jelly of you!:happy:

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
your welcome btw ;D if i wasnt nutty over them psalmos youd not has a smithi ^_^ and cant wait to unload these T.ocks ;P great species tho none the less ^_^ ofc i know because i have all of them myself too lmaoo
Lol, well I'm glad you're addicted to psalms haha... A smithi is definately a feather in my cap. Here's to hoping it's a girl lol.

Congrats! Careful with those psalmos.
I'm confident but not stupid lol. I will definately be careful. I've had some experience with true spiders and I've had no problems with my OBT. The biggest secret I think, I not getting so confident you get careless and cocky.

In other news: my GBB#2 molted last week and I got to measure him. He's a conservative 3 inches. I say he but really don't know yet. I should be able to check on his next molt. His growth rate is double his sac mates that I got at the same time. They were the same size then at just under an inch. The other one is just now approaching 2 inches and size increases per molt cycle are different too. The one I think is male grows a lot more each time then the other one. The three inch one has his adult coloring too.

My babies are all growing up... /sniff

lol

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod

Hope you end with a bad attitude Brachypelma albopilosum, like me. It's amazing to have a beginner, huge, bad hair day, "docile" T's that show threat display and bites "to the air" with no problems, only for a water dish refilled.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Hope you end with a bad attitude Brachypelma albopilosum, like me. It's amazing to have a beginner, huge, bad hair day, "docile" T's that show threat display and bites "to the air" with no problems, only for a water dish refilled.
funny you should mention that.. LOL I already have one of those.... my first B. albo. It's still a sling, hopefully it'll chill out a bit as it ages LOL. I also have three L. parahybanas that are total spazzes. I kind of like the spazzy ones tbh though. How about my G. porter MM. He throws up threat poses whenever you even dare to fill his water bowl. haha.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats on the new additions! Maybe i shouldnt tell you what im getting in tomorrow :).

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well, here goes....

Harpactira curvipes male/female pair
Eucratoscelus constrictus female
Harpactira marksi 5 slings
Ceratogyrus cf brachycephalus 4 slings
Harpactirella lightfooti 5 slings
Harpactirella overdijki 5 slings

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Wow, jealous of you both now. Wow, I haven't gotten a new T in a while....

Miss waiting for a delivery and a little extra excitement! :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
funny you should mention that.. LOL I already have one of those.... my first B. albo. It's still a sling, hopefully it'll chill out a bit as it ages LOL. I also have three L. parahybanas that are total spazzes. I kind of like the spazzy ones tbh though. How about my G. porter MM. He throws up threat poses whenever you even dare to fill his water bowl. haha.
Ah ah, mine is an AF walking, hairy menace. Really, i have, and had, OW'S more "calm" than her. I consider myself lucky to have such a nice bad temperament, beginner T.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Well, here goes....

Harpactira curvipes male/female pair
Eucratoscelus constrictus female
Harpactira marksi 5 slings
Ceratogyrus cf brachycephalus 4 slings
Harpactirella lightfooti 5 slings
Harpactirella overdijki 5 slings
the one I'm really the most jealous of in that list is Harpactirella overdijki. what a beautiful plum color! I had to google all of your list hahaha. Some day that will be me. My lists of new additions will have the noobs scratching their heads and hitting google. for now just about everything I have and getting are super common. ;)

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats on the new spiders you two! Catfish- WOW! That is quite a delivery. Someday I'll order some spiders and be able to await my first unboxing. Everything I have so far we
picked up at shows.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Congrats on the new spiders you two! Catfish- WOW! That is quite a delivery. Someday I'll order some spiders and be able to await my first unboxing. Everything I have so far we
picked up at shows.
pff shows are nowhere near as fun as an unbox..

theres a few herp dealers nearby that believe the same way, one i love to do business with. he will box them up in a "normal" box,[not fedex or usps] sense its not going in the mail theres no styro-lining but he usually folds paper tight against sides stuff it with popcorn packing peanuts and puts your animals inside. live guarantee you have your name on the box, show your ID or the email confirmation and you can either open the animal up right then at his booth [usually lets you come behind so your out of the way] or wait till you get home.. he has a 7day guarantee as they are packed that morning. but his way of thinking is "if you cant unbox an [online] order, then you may as well be hoping and praying an items in stock like the rest of the show attendees" lol

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My wife has started looking at Ts online. I have a list of species I want to get, and she really wants a G. pulchra so I think it is only a matter of time. Then again, there is a Repticon show coming to Milwaukee in August, so we'll see. I'll probably wait until the show and see what we can find there before ordering.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Congrats on the new additions! Maybe i shouldnt tell you what im getting in tomorrow :).
I prob wont get any til my Chacos get juvie sizethey wont seem to grow I feed them a lot of small roaches I see them eat too , neither will king baboon. KB outgrew them but stopped eating in its bigger container. I THINK its too deep for the Kb , Prob has too much digging to eat.

Last edited:

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My wife woke me up this morning with the iPad, asking if I wanted to see the tarantulas she was going to order. The first on the list was Haplopelma minax, which I quickly vetoed (she was picking based on looks, not realizing the temperament and that is not a genus I feel comfortable getting into at this point). A couple spiders were in the same genus as some we already have, and I would rather get a bit more variety, as we have a pretty small collection so far. We ended up not buying any of her original list, but I think we put together a pretty good order. We ordered Monocentropus balfouri (this was one of the top spiders on my wish list), Aphonopelma hentzi, Paraphysa scrofa, Hapalopus sp. Pumpkin Patch (large), and Nhandu chromatus (she added that since it was on my list and only $10- I didn't know she was getting it until the order was sent :) ). Then for a freebie, we picked Psalmopoeus irminia. We have a couple P. cambridgei so not a new genus, but since the list of free spiders was limited I thought it was a good choice (and one of her original list so she was happy).

Last edited: