Been too long...

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
Hello everyone! I have been on an arachnoboards hiatus for a few months since some major developments in my life. Just got married to my girlfriend of almost 6 years, expecting our first child in November, and we started a business(before we found out about the new addition on the way!). All in all, we have been flat out! As an early Father's Day gift, my wife bought me a new group of tarantula slings!!!! These species really round out my collection pretty well and reduce my wish list by a fair bit!!!! OK, here is the roundup!! 3 Grammostola Pulchra slings, 3 Ceratogyrus Marshalli, 3 Heteroscodra Maculata, and 1 Hapalopus so. Colombia Large. The breeder was awesome and sent me some feeders which I believe are young roaches, and also a freebie Haplopus sp. Colombia Large sling and Hmac sling for a total of 2 Pumpkin Patches and 4 Hmacs! I will detail the supplies that were sent in a dealer review very soon because the shipment was very impressive and thorough. I am so psyched about these species being added to my collection. The G. Pulchra are great eaters right out of the gate while one of the Hmacs and one Hapalopus requires some pre killed bugs for scavenging. The others are pretty aggressive eaters but sometimes need some darkness and quiet to start hunting. My count is at 33 now! Also, my ~4" OBT just gave me her first threat pose and tarsal slapping in reaction to me dropping a cricket too close to her carapace....must have caught her off guard! Anyway, I am learning a lot as my spiders grow and love watching them thrive and develop from slings to young adults. I have missed posting here and talking with other members. There seems to be some new names on the forums since I have last posted so welcome to those folks! Glad to get back on here and share with you guys. Looking forward to more arachnoboards going forward and to teaching my little one to love all animals once he or she arrives!!!! Sorry for the "all over the place" post! Also, I know I need more Asian arboreals so trust me, they are next on the list but will have to wait a bit....

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Wow , I never find good deals compaired to that. Wish someone would buy me Ts, life sucks right!!:cry: [SUB][/SUB] Pokies are very quick , Id say they aren't aggressive though unless cornered.
Try Psalmopoeus or pokies someday. (Psalmopoeus irminia

cold blood

Staff member
Wow , I never find good deals compaired to that. Wish someone would buy me Ts, life sucks right!!:cry: [SUB][/SUB] Pokies are very quick , Id say they aren't aggressive though unless cornered.
Try Psalmopoeus or pokies someday. (Psalmopoeus irminia

He didn't tell the prices...so how do you know he got a "deal" on the purchase??

Congrats x 3

Welcome back to the boards.

Nice spiders, too:wink:

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Welcome back! Sounds like everything's going great in your world, congrats on marriage, business, your new daddy-hood... Oh and of course the human baby too. ;)

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
He didn't tell the prices...so how do you know he got a "deal" on the purchase??

Congrats x 3

Welcome back to the boards.

Nice spiders, too:wink:
Thank you! I did pay fair prices but by no means a huge discount. I paid pretty typical dealer pricing on the species but I am sure the classifieds here would yield better deals. The dealer I used allowed me to get a variety all with one shipping fee.The freebies and supplies made it a great deal for me! The communication was superb as well. I will do a detailed review soon! As far as Psalmopoeus, I have a P. Cambridgei that I am hoping is female, and a MM P. Irminia and MM Hmac. They are cool for sure. Soon I will figure out how to pack adult spiders for shipping so I can get my males out to perform their function with some females....my next species will likely be P. Regalis and Cyriopagopus Sp. Sumatran Tiger with M. Balfouri and Phlogius Crassipes really tempting me soon thereafter.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Its two bad my P. Cambridgei were both males I need more of this species, I miss those Ts.:cry: Also need a new Earth tiger T.

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
Thanks everybody! My Genic is also getting really big as are my trio of Lasiodoras. Those Klugis grow quick, even gaining on my older Geniculata female. Once the really big ones start moving into their large enclosures, I will be in need of a new shelf....

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats on expecting! My husband and I are too. I'm hoping our kids will be just into Ts as we are. I haven't seen my obt give a threat pose yet - but I guess there is still hope! Lol. Great bunch of Ts you got in your collection. Glad to have you back my friend!

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
Congrats on expecting! My husband and I are too. I'm hoping our kids will be just into Ts as we are. I haven't seen my obt give a threat pose yet - but I guess there is still hope! Lol. Great bunch of Ts you got in your collection. Glad to have you back my friend!
Awe nice! Congrats! First child? I can't wait to teach my little ones about animals....shark week is going to be sweet with kids in the house! Of course they will learn about tarantulas and snakes...also have patience with the OBT. I started doubting they were particularly defensive but at about 3.5-4" mine finally threw her first tantrum. She has always been quick to bolt during rehousing but never a threat pose until now. I would say take pride in not getting a threat pose from an OBT. Probably means your not a nuisance to your spiders. I suppose I am officially a nuisance to mine though no further outbursts on her part!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Awe nice! Congrats! First child? I can't wait to teach my little ones about animals....shark week is going to be sweet with kids in the house! Of course they will learn about tarantulas and snakes...also have patience with the OBT. I started doubting they were particularly defensive but at about 3.5-4" mine finally threw her first tantrum. She has always been quick to bolt during rehousing but never a threat pose until now. I would say take pride in not getting a threat pose from an OBT. Probably means your not a nuisance to your spiders. I suppose I am officially a nuisance to mine though no further outbursts on her part!
Yes first child. I'm nervous but super excited. My mom got me my first T at age 3 so I'm hoping my kid(s) will be just as excited ab them!! It could be a family affair lol. My obt is 6" give or take so def a MF - she's a sweetheart that's why I got her hee hee. When I first got her in the mail and unpacked her, I just tapped her w a paint brush and she slowly lumbered into her enclosure. Actually the easiest rehouse I've ever been a part of! I consider myself pretty lucky :)

--J.Haas

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
Yes first child. I'm nervous but super excited. My mom got me my first T at age 3 so I'm hoping my kid(s) will be just as excited ab them!! It could be a family affair lol. My obt is 6" give or take so def a MF - she's a sweetheart that's why I got her hee hee. When I first got her in the mail and unpacked her, I just tapped her w a paint brush and she slowly lumbered into her enclosure. Actually the easiest rehouse I've ever been a part of! I consider myself pretty lucky :)

That's great, my first also. I understand the nerves and the excitement! That is a very lucky grab with the calm 6" OBT! I thought mine was a gentle soul but yours sounds like an angel! I always thought they were so unique because of their ATV style of running. Obstacles mean nothing to them. They do not go up like an arboreal or down like a burrower or even sprint the course of least resistance....they just GO flat out, up and over anything in their path. Reminds me of the reputation of the wolverine in that they do not go around mountainous terrain, rather right up an over it. At least mine has been that way....fine as long as she has a good hide to retreat to but when I coaxed her out during rehousing, she put in a display of speed and determination!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats and good luck to you soon-to-be mums and dads :)
Thank u!!! :)

--J.Haas

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 10:22 PM ----------

That's great, my first also. I understand the nerves and the excitement! That is a very lucky grab with the calm 6" OBT! I thought mine was a gentle soul but yours sounds like an angel! I always thought they were so unique because of their ATV style of running. Obstacles mean nothing to them. They do not go up like an arboreal or down like a burrower or even sprint the course of least resistance....they just GO flat out, up and over anything in their path. Reminds me of the reputation of the wolverine in that they do not go around mountainous terrain, rather right up an over it. At least mine has been that way....fine as long as she has a good hide to retreat to but when I coaxed her out during rehousing, she put in a display of speed and determination!
Mine really is an angel ha ha but I'm sure has the potential to go ham on me so I never under estimate her. Lol. Always stay on my toes w that one!

--J.Haas

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My obt is 6" give or take so def a MF - she's a sweetheart that's why I got her hee hee. When I first got her in the mail and unpacked her, I just tapped her w a paint brush and she slowly lumbered into her enclosure. Actually the easiest rehouse I've ever been a part of! I consider myself pretty lucky :)
Does your OBT know she's an OBT? Are you sure she hadn't been hypnotized to make her think she is an Euathlus sp. Orange or something? :biggrin: Glad you two have fairly calm OBTs, but it is a species I am going to stay away from for a while. There are a few genera I don't feel comfortable with getting yet, and that is right at the top of that list.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Nice slings OP. Lol there I read and commented... You are officially in the cool kids club lol!

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
Does your OBT know she's an OBT? Are you sure she hadn't been hypnotized to make her think she is an Euathlus sp. Orange or something? :biggrin: Glad you two have fairly calm OBTs, but it is a species I am going to stay away from for a while. There are a few genera I don't feel comfortable with getting yet, and that is right at the top of that list.
Smart move....they will be around for real cheap whenever you decide is the right time. Although mine is pretty calm, I am always vigilant. When she threat posed and lunged, I was using tongs snuck through a slightly lifted tub lid so she couldn't access my fingers. Had I been complacent, I could have taken a bite.

---------- Post added 07-02-2015 at 12:12 AM ----------

Nice slings OP. Lol there I read and commented... You are officially in the cool kids club lol!
Haha, you are awesome!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I only have one obt, I think she's the only one in the world like this lol! Def trust your gut and don't get anything you're not positive you're ready for. I don't think I would have gotten an obt if i wasn't offered this one... She must have been hypnotized lol

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
I only have one obt, I think she's the only one in the world like this lol! Def trust your gut and don't get anything you're not positive you're ready for. I don't think I would have gotten an obt if i wasn't offered this one... She must have been hypnotized lol
Maybe she has been such a bad ass OBT in her young life that she was allowed to retire early and has decided to live a peaceful life in the mountains.