Getting my first Ts.

REvan342

Arachnopeon
Well I finally bought my first batch of Ts... An LP, and 5 B Vagans.... All slings.

They are currently in the post, but I do look foreword to sharing them with you guys when they do arrive. Ciao friends,

roman

Arachnopeon
Cool! good luck with them! I'm also new to the hobby and I can tell its adictive..

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You're jumpin right into the pool hahaha. Man you must really like B. vagans! What type of enclosure are you gonna use?

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
B.vagans were also in my group of first tarantulas, I've got 3 big girls now. easily my favorite T's. LP's were also in that group. mine are quite a bit more high strung than the Vagans. and honestly not my favorite spiders.

REvan342

Arachnopeon
Lol I got a bulk deal on the red rumps..... $20 bucks plus shipping took the lot... I actually plan on trading a couple of them later on.

Right now I have rubber maid deli containers, with a 50/50 mix of coco fiber and dry dirt plus some leaves for them to hide.

TsunamiSpike

Arachnosquire
I'd probably ditch the leaves and get some fake stuff, too much chance of mold. Good luck with the little guys, very addictive hobby indeed. Got our first last november and now we have 20 Ts and 2 scorps with 2 A. Avic slings on the way (+an unkown freebie).

cold blood

Staff member
my B. vagans were my fastest growing spiders. easily 2.5 - 3 inches since October.
Once they reach maybe an inch and a half their growth is indeed quite good, as is their appetite....but small vagans slings were the biggest PITA slings I've raised to date. As little guys their appetites were quite poor, they fasted long periods of time and when they molted, I could barely see growth...actually to the naked eye, I could NOT see growth, even though I knew it had to be occurring. Once they get a little bigger, they are terrific t's.

How big are the slings op?

I've never had a problem with leaves molding, just use dried leaves and not fresh green ones;)

Welcome to the hobby.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Congrats & welcome to the hobby, REvan342. :)

While not my favourite Brachy, the vagans is still very pretty, although it tends to be one of the faster ones.

You'll like the LP. It will grow fairly quickly, and hopefully you're prepared for a BIG T. My MF molted again last month, and she's at 8.25". :)

Good luck.

- Rob