LP Chilliing in Water dish

hutch924

Arachnopeon
I have had my LP now for almost 8 months. Just in the last few days I have been finding her laying in the water dish. Should I spray down her home with some water? Maybe to dry for her? Just seems odd she started when it has been getting warm were I am at.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Ts do this when dish is empty, its normal.
I have had my LP now for almost 8 months. Just in the last few days I have been finding her laying in the water dish. Should I spray down her home with some water? Maybe to dry for her? Just seems odd she started when it has been getting warm were I am at.

hutch924

Arachnopeon
Water dish is completely filled though and I have been having to fill it every couple days since this has started to happen.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Was it drinking? very odd behavior , try moving the water dish or adding a second one. My 8" female has two big dishes.
Water dish is completely filled though and I have been having to fill it every couple days since this has started to happen.

hutch924

Arachnopeon
No she is just laying in it. A few days ago also she jumped into it with her dinner too to drown it maybe. I dont know what is going on. She just molted a month ago.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Id get a second water dish , like put it some were else. No since refilling it if she likes it so much.
No she is just laying in it. A few days ago also she jumped into it with her dinner too to drown it maybe. I dont know what is going on. She just molted a month ago.
Definitively weird~~!!

cold blood

Staff member
My LD does this when the enclosure dries out too much, like just yesterday. When it gets dry, I pour water onto a section of the sub (misting is basically worthless)....he spend today on the damp sub....still chillin on the damp sub as I type.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My LD does this when the enclosure dries out too much, like just yesterday. When it gets dry, I pour water onto a section of the sub (misting is basically worthless)....he spend today on the damp sub....still chillin on the damp sub as I type.
This - terrestrials tend to do that when thirsty or "complaining" about humidity not alright it would seem. I've witnessed this with my B. smithi (she's usually just thirsty...) and my Homoeomma sp. "blue" (who's the one complaining about humidity it would seem) and both are fine and alright once I dampen a part of the sub and move there usually.

hutch924

Arachnopeon
ok thanks for the advise. I will dampen a corner and see what happens. She is still chilling the in water dish.

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
Memory is a little foggy since I've never actually owned an LP but I think there's been a handful of threads about this species sitting in the water dish and molting soon after. Perhaps that's the case here?

Storm knows what he's talking about, moisten a section of the substrate and see if it moves on over.

My B. albiceps has been chilling near the water dish quite a bit recently as well but eats fine and is it's good old self otherwise. As in throws a hissy fit whenever the enclosures lid is moved slightly. For a Brachy that bugger can move lol.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
My Euth parvula (whatever it's called this week) has started doing this but WITH the water in the bowl. Doesn't really appear to be drinking it -- just enjoying being wet I guess. She didn't displace too much water at all. She's the one with the tiny rump who doesn't eat well for me -- although she did take a cricket last feeding, thankfully.
I have a pix somewhere....