scrofa or parvula

Kron

Arachnosquire
Hi,
So I ordered a E. Parvula and what arrived looks a lot like a P. scrofa. She is however only 6 cm so I was wondering if It's just because she hasn't finished her colour change? The rest of my T's are fast growers and get their adult colours early on so I haven't got much experience on this :p
2015-07-01 16.07.15.jpg 2015-07-01 16.07.28.jpg 2015-07-01 16.07.33.jpg 2015-07-01 16.07.46.jpg 2015-07-01 16.07.38.jpg

Kron

Arachnosquire
Well I'm not buying from bugzuk again then if that's the case :( she's still very cute but I really wanted a parvulus

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 08:58 PM ----------

Her femurs do have an occasional tint of gold which I couldn't catch in the pics, does your scrofa have that? I know as spiderlings parvulus have orange femurs so I was hoping that'd explain why her femurs have both orange and gold in them :p also I thought scrofa's were slightly temperamental but this one is so docile I can actually stroke it's abdomen

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I'm not buying from bugzuk again then if that's the case :( she's still very cute but I really wanted a parvulus

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 08:58 PM ----------

Her femurs do have an occasional tint of gold which I couldn't catch in the pics, does your scrofa have that? I know as spiderlings parvulus have orange femurs so I was hoping that'd explain why her femurs have both orange and gold in them :p also I thought scrofa's were slightly temperamental but this one is so docile I can actually stroke it's abdomen

I'm sure if you contact them and say it's not a E.Parvulus they'll exchange the two.

Mine does have hints of gold on the femurs, my Scrofas never been temperamental, she's the only spider in my collection that I feel I could handle without her biting. She's never kicked hairs, never threat posed, just an all-round sweetie.

Kron

Arachnosquire
Ok :'( I think I'll keep her and see if I can get an actual one at the next BTS

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Both cool species I say get em both!!!
I'm sure if you contact them and say it's not a E.Parvulus they'll exchange the two.

Mine does have hints of gold on the femurs, my Scrofas never been temperamental, she's the only spider in my collection that I feel I could handle without her biting. She's never kicked hairs, never threat posed, just an all-round sweetie.

Roosterbomb

Arachnopeon
P Scrofa is an awesome species but mine is a bit of a monster. She's always out and about. I'd keep that Scrofa and order a the e parvula later. I have both and really couldn't say I prefer one over the other. Work something out with the vendor I've found 99% will do everything they can to fix a problem.

Kron

Arachnosquire
Well I've sent them an email, I'll tell you what they'll say. I'd be nice if they could send one without me sending her back, I doubt they'll do that but if they did I'd be very happy ^_^ I'd definitely use them again if they did but I suppose I'll have to wait and see. If they ask for her back it may be a tough decision because this one looks like a female plus she's so cuddly! I've called her Ursus (latin for bear, because she's scraggy and cuddly)

---------- Post added 07-02-2015 at 04:39 PM ----------

No, he just offered a refund so I'll be keeping her ^_^

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well I've sent them an email, I'll tell you what they'll say. I'd be nice if they could send one without me sending her back, I doubt they'll do that but if they did I'd be very happy ^_^ I'd definitely use them again if they did but I suppose I'll have to wait and see. If they ask for her back it may be a tough decision because this one looks like a female plus she's so cuddly! I've called her Ursus (latin for bear, because she's scraggy and cuddly)

---------- Post added 07-02-2015 at 04:39 PM ----------

No, he just offered a refund so I'll be keeping her ^_^
Whichi is probably what the seller was counting on...pretty lame in that regard. Anyways, I'd keep her too. Enjoy the little cuddler :D