Find the frog !!

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
Nice little communal you got going.

What kind of tetra (not the Neons) is that? Kind of looks like a black skirt. Is it the only one in the tank? They prefer to have a few tank mates to school. That Ram can get kinda aggressive as well so watch for nips.

I like the plants and aquascaping. Is that an Otocinclus? They're such awesome little algae eaters!

What's the bigger fish above the ram? Also is that a fish in the bottom right corner? Can't tell.

My two criticisms : I think that's an African Dwarf Frog? They get spooked easily and don't do well with fish in their aquariums. African Clawed Frogs are much more bold but you risk them eating fish. Maybe separate the frog? Also the snail at the front appears to be a Nerite Zebra Snail which really does better with harder water compared to the other species who prefer softer water. It's up for debate if Nerites are completely freshwater or brackish at this point though.

I have owned African Dwarf Frogs in the past. They are really derpy little things. I basically had to "hand feed" them their blood worms. I actually used a pipette but going elbow deep in water just to make sure they actually got a whiff of the worms got old pretty fast.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you for the comments !

The larger fish is a Bedotia geayi Madagascar rainbow.
Yes that is a black skirt and apparently I had ones that hated each other. This is the one and only winner :p.
Yes there are around 6 otos .
And bottom right is the gorgeous blue guppy at a bad position.

I used to hand feed the frog to with tongs.
I found that they are much more capable of finding food than I thought.
Especially at finding beef heart. He has been in the tank more than two years as have most of the other occupants.

Shrimp

Gbr

I Appreciate your reply :)

Last edited: