Escape potential

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have put my H. incei into an enclosure that has relatively large vent holes in comparison to her size. I don't want and escape. I have heard that if the carapace can fit the whole T can fit. But I've heard that about gaps, not holes. Is there a rule of thumb I can go by?

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 04:14 PM ----------

Here's a photo of her near the air holes. Any advice would be appreciated!

--J.Haas

skippydude

Arachnobaron
It's true, if the carapace fits, the T can squeeze through the hole.

Your T is much bigger than the vent holes in that picture, I think you are OK

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
Agreed. As long as there are no slots or gaps that same width. Should be golden! Also, nice spider! :)

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh good... I'm a bit paranoid about escapes... Lol. I guess I'll quit stressing out :)

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 04:56 PM ----------

I feel like the pictures perspective makes her look larger and the holes smaller than reality. And now she's disappeared and blended into her enclosure so I can't find her to take another pic. Grrr

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks ok to me. If it looks like they might be able to squeeze out, just plug the larger holes temporarily.

cold blood

Staff member
It looks fine haasie baby:wink:

I just housed a female in an enclosure with vent holes the appear a tad larger...I'm not worried, there's no way its getting though as the holes are still smaller than her carapace.

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 06:49 PM ----------

Looks ok to me. If it looks like they might be able to squeeze out, just plug the larger holes temporarily.
Plugging holes isn't the best option, anything you could use to plug it, aside from cauk or glue, could be easily removed by a t.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It looks fine haasie baby:wink:

I just housed a female in an enclosure with vent holes the appear a tad larger...I'm not worried, there's no way its getting though as the holes are still smaller than her carapace.

Xo cb ;-) oh I'm so glad I'm just overreacting lol... just all flustered ab jailbreaks considering my recent mishap... I'm a worry wart lol.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yeah U gotta have pretty big air holes for a adult T to escape....make sure lid is locked down too:biggrin::biggrin:
Xo cb ;-) oh I'm so glad I'm just overreacting lol... just all flustered ab jailbreaks considering my recent mishap... I'm a worry wart lol.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She's only about 2" I think and the holes are ⅝" if I remember correctly. Lid is securely locked!

--J.Haas

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yeah Ive seen Lasiodioras try to break through the lid before , I can hear it also. I can guarantee some Ts eventually will try this~!
She's only about 2" I think and the holes are ⅝" if I remember correctly. Lid is securely locked!

--J.Haas

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yikes!! Do you (or does anyone) know which species are most well known for chewing through screens? I have paranoia of that too! ! Lol

--J.Haas

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Ive actually never seen a T escape by chewing a screen, Id imagine its possible.
Yikes!! Do you (or does anyone) know which species are most well known for chewing through screens? I have paranoia of that too! ! Lol

--J.Haas

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ive actually never seen a T escape by chewing a screen, Id imagine its possible.
I'm pretty sure I've heard ab it happening in other threads here... Just wondering which species are best known for this...

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Only the ones with fangs:wink:
Yikes! Well, I coulda sworn my M. balfouri sling was on the screen of his enclosure the other day so paranoid Jeni is gonna have to reinforce it I guess lol