a question here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
all brachypelma are protected by cites....I am correct in assuming that.....and I am sure most people can see where this is leading

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Actually, no I don't see where you're going with this. Brachypelma spp. are readily bred (at least over here) and sold with proof documenting that it's a CB specimen (again: At least over here...).

What's your angle? And yes, they are protected on CITES.

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
OK here is a thought...say if I were living in the Philippines for example and I were shipping ...Oh I don't know to the USA or even Germany....and if in these shipments were some brachypelma....wouldn't that be breaking the law .....?

Last edited:

Pokie Master

Arachnosquire
OK here is a thought...say if I were living in the Philippines for example and I were shipping ...Oh I don't know to the USA or even Germany....and if in these shipments were some brachypelma....wouldn't that be breaking the law .....?
Not if they have proper export licenses. Brachypelmas are protected from being "wild caught" not from being sold or kept in captivity.

louise f

Arachnoangel
If you were sending to Denmark, you need to send cites paper with them. And i think that must count in all countries.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
If one were to read through the links, one would find the following.

All Brachypelma species are listed as CITES appendix 2

And regarding the importation of CITES appendix 2 species into the USA...

No import permit is required for Appendix-II or -III specimens

The above doesn't consider the permits needed to import wildlife into the USA however. That is seperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.