Hadogenus troglodytes vs H. granulatus

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Does anybody here know the taxonomic differences? Now I'm not sure what I have here. I just came across granulatus by chance on the net and see that troglodytes and granulatus look very similar at a glance.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
It appears that granulatus has a more pronounced granulation on their chela compared to troglodytes but yes both appear very similar at a glance
I'm in no way an expert especially on this genus so I'm sure if I'm wrong or there's an even better explanation ... Someone may chime in and correct me

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hmm, there is so little info on the net. I've been around long enough to have some doubt that they are two diff sps., only more info will remove doubt I have. I've seen more granulation on specimens within the same species coming from diff areas. I guess more info will pop up later.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Yep very little info on this genus and even if more specifics were documented , chances are they would be reclassified again as many other species have.
I kept H troglodytes years ago and many that were available then all had quite a range of coloration + granulation also
I always tried selecting 1's with obvious color /granulation differences for viewing + breeding purposes. Could be why I had no success with them also

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
imo the genus seems to be covered well enough but this sps. branch with granulatus and trog is the only thing weird to me, never seen it before until a week or two ago. I've worked for gov and know that the mentality leans toward job security, prob what's going on here, gov subsidies for research, time = $ so it will be strung out.