Tanzanian red claw + emperor

ety32

Arachnosquire
I heard that tanzanian red claw scorpions and emperor scorpions may get along. Are the chances somewhat good?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I believe you heard wrong. Pandinus imperator (Emperor scorpion) is a communal species. If Tanzanian red claw is Pandinus cavimanus, it is not a good communal species.
While different species of scorpions may hail from same geographic region, they do not inhabit same burrows, nor happily share tight quarters without territorial disputes.

REvan342

Arachnopeon
Noooo.

Although emperors are fairly docile. Red Claws are more on the aggressive side, and are somewhat territorial. I'd would definently keep them is separate enclosures.

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
From what I've heard, I very much agree with those above. I've also heard, that if grouped together, even though P. imperator is known to be more docile, it may be the winner of any disputes.

Long ago, knew someone who kept 3 P. cavimanus with a lone P. imperator. Came home one day to a very fat P. imperator. I gather that they save more energy, and when push comes to shove, can shove harder/better/faster/stronger.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Echoing the above

I couldn't even keep P.cavimanus with P.cavimanus! they are very angry scorpions!

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
Long ago, knew someone who kept 3 P. cavimanus with a lone P. imperator. Came home one day to a very fat P. imperator. I gather that they save more energy, and when push comes to shove, can shove harder/better/faster/stronger.
From my understanding P. imperator are a little larger/bulkier than cavimanus? I'm not a big time scorp keeper but I'd imagine you are correct, especially in the stronger department.

Also I'd imagine since most people don't suggest cavimanus as communal it's not like all three ganged up on the imperator. It was a free-for-all and only the biggest and strongest emerged victor :laugh:.

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Echoing the above

I couldn't even keep P.cavimanus with P.cavimanus! they are very angry scorpions!
Agree. P Cavimanus is not a communal ot tolerant sp. I've tried keeping a pair together for breeding and ended up with one fat P.Cavimanus and no brood. I might try again in the future with hopefully better results. I have heard that it might be possible to keep a mating pair together if they are mature, but wouldn't mix sp.

On a side not I have tried putting a P. Imperaror (a known docile and communal sp.) with a H. Longimanus of the same size (also a known docile communal sp.) with little success, I didn't have any casualties but even though they may tolerate another scorp of the same sp. they will readily attack a different scorp sp.