Earwigs for supper?

Vampire

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I live in Michigan and we have earwigs everywhere. I was wondering if one should somehow get in the tank with a T, would the T eat it? Just curious.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what do the one there look like? in newfoundland they are red,2", and very fast. they like to live under rotton wood or rocks, dark and damp.

Vampire

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yep that's it!

Nasty little buggers & they are hard as heck to get rid of.......I just hope they couldn't hurt my Ts.....what do you think?

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I think they have that pincer like appendage on their rearends for some reason. That may just be a defensive thing, but I just feel better not having to deal with possibly dangerous wild prey when you have much better choices

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Vampire said:
Nasty little buggers & they are hard as heck to get rid of.......I just hope they couldn't hurt my Ts.....what do you think?
are they geting in you spiders tank?

Vampire

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
NO, Not yet.....I was just curious if the Ts would eat them if they did manage to get in there.....they seem to be able to wiggle into everything.

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
IMHO, bad idea. I once tried to feed a 1" earwig to a huntsman spider of about 4" legspan... and the spider bled to death. But then again it was molting... so perhaps if you chill the earwig and somehow chop off the pincers... the question is, are they nutritious?

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i dont think its worth the bother trying to feed them to spiders.

Vampire

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think I may have been a bit unclear....I was not planning to feed them to the Ts....just afraid they would hurt a T if one should manage to get in the tank...the darn things are everywhere & seem to be able to squiggle into many tight spots.