Fellow C. darlingi owners

Newtot

Arachnosquire
I bought one of these and I know basic care but want to know more about them. Please post how you keep yours and maintenance ect.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Dry. Moist, stuffy cages will kill them. Use a water bowl, don't mist or moisten the substrate. They grow fast, voracious eaters; males mature in a year or so.

Newtot

Arachnosquire
Ok its a 2" female can I provide a bottle cap of water for her?

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
darlingi.jpg

this is how we keep our mature male. it is a large kritter keeper with none of the vents blocked to keep it dry, with a medium kritter keeper buried in the middle so the Darlingi has to tunnel on the outside.
the tunnel used to go down to the bottom then around the side to the back, but the inside KK keeps the adult darling from fitting down there and the bottom of the tunnel is now filled with moldy boluses that either he cant reach or just doesn't care to clean out. in future enclosures as a result I will allow more room for burrows.
I am trading him to another member Monday otherwise I would figure out a way to clean those boluses out of there today. My understanding is Darlingis do not adjust to rehouses very well so you may want to try to find solutions to these issues before you add your spider.

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
ignore my oreo dirt I ran out of topsoil and just threw the eco - earth on top. wife hates it. says I made her spiders tank look dumb. spider didn't seem to care.

cold blood

Staff member
ignore my oreo dirt I ran out of topsoil and just threw the eco - earth on top. wife hates it. says I made her spiders tank look dumb. spider didn't seem to care.
That explains it:biggrin:

Before I read this I couldn't tell what I was seeing. At first it looked like the bottom was all empty, then I looked closer because of the web tunnel, and thought....is the bottom part of the sub soaked?? Now that I know what I'm looking at its obvious.

Newtot

Arachnosquire
thanks everyone. The reason why I haven't added a water dish is bc she will be shipping out Monday