Hogna Arizonensis

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do you mean H. carolinensis? Never heard of H. arizonensis. They're nice spiders to keep though. Hope it makes a turreted burrow for you. Many I caught never got around to it, but some do and will incorporate pieces of grass and other debris to it.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Hogna carolinensis. there's no such species "arizonensis'

ID can be easily indicated by examining the venter.

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I labeled it Hogna Arizonensis because there is another large species of wolf spider in Arizona that are a real light gray almost white in color a guy I know has seen one before he said they were even larger than carolinensis so I am hoping this is one of them may be a sub species of Carolinensis or a variation but these do look a lot different in color and ventral is way different only time will tell how big they get they are real cool and good eaters.

I will keep you guys updated as they grow .

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I labeled it Hogna Arizonensis because there is another large species of wolf spider in Arizona that are a real light gray almost white in color a guy I know has seen one before he said they were even larger than carolinensis so I am hoping this is one of them may be a sub species of Carolinensis or a variation but these do look a lot different in color and ventral is way different only time will tell how big they get they are real cool and good eaters.

I will keep you guys updated as they grow .
If you can give me a ventral shot, i can ID them for you. they vary tremendously in appearance, which is why a ventral shot is required for ID.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, Hogna carolinensis it is. They are awesome pets ;)

This is when I first got her. Beginning of her turret:

Sadly, I never took a picture of the finished product. I may when I get home, if I remember to.