Tiytus asthenes and Liocheles australasiae broods! My first with both species!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Happy to announce these! but sadly none will be available for the public at this time until they are established here.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats! I'm excited to see some T. asthenes again. It sure has been a while.
It sure has! I've seen a few 2i for sale, along with T. costatus (which I also have) for $45-60 each lately.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Congrats Man ! Definitely nice to see both species here again and I'm sure they'll be here for awhile now !

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Grom,

Awesome again!! Looking great, congrats with your broods!!

Cheers,

Rob

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Grand total of 30 asthenes from that brood, and 1 from the other (she had alot of unfertilized eggs. I got these from a fellow hobbyist already paired)

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
congrats with the broods! Can you tell me who sells Tityus costatus?
Some no-name facebook vendor. I didn't put much thought to it, and as such, didnt get the name. Apologies. The 2i specimen could have even been mis-id'd or came in on the same shipment as mine. I got my specimen from a certain reptile vendor who also does tarantulas for a semi-decent price, but it was only a sexed pair. Turns out they're adults and the female is pretty gravid. Hoping for some success there too. I'm not a huge Tityus fan, but I do like the asthenes. Costatus were mostly purchased due to the "coolness" factor of eventually being able to keep my females together with the stigmurus in a small colony. However I do expect them to "compete" for resources like different roach species do, so it's an experiment, and it may not go as well as I would like.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Some no-name facebook vendor. I didn't put much thought to it, and as such, didnt get the name. Apologies. The 2i specimen could have even been mis-id'd or came in on the same shipment as mine. I got my specimen from a certain reptile vendor who also does tarantulas for a semi-decent price, but it was only a sexed pair. Turns out they're adults and the female is pretty gravid. Hoping for some success there too. I'm not a huge Tityus fan, but I do like the asthenes. Costatus were mostly purchased due to the "coolness" factor of eventually being able to keep my females together with the stigmurus in a small colony. However I do expect them to "compete" for resources like different roach species do, so it's an experiment, and it may not go as well as I would like.
Very cool that you're going to try keeping those two species together. I'd be curious to see how it all works out. Hope you continue to have success with the T. asthenes! That's another Tityus species I certainly wouldn't mind having someday ;) How large are the Liocheles? The adults look small, but that might just be me lol.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very cool that you're going to try keeping those two species together. I'd be curious to see how it all works out. Hope you continue to have success with the T. asthenes! That's another Tityus species I certainly wouldn't mind having someday ;) How large are the Liocheles? The adults look small, but that might just be me lol.
About the size of my thumb nail, give or take a cm. I love them. One of my favorites!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can you post a pic of your Tityus costatus?
sure, do you fear it's misidentified? You've got me worried now myself.

The female has since been rehomed from the deli cup.

Thank you Michiel.

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, I go away for three years, check AB, and there's T. costatus (perhaps)? That's great! I'm coming back to the U.S. next year (hint, hint)...

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, I go away for three years, check AB, and there's T. costatus (perhaps)? That's great! I'm coming back to the U.S. next year (hint, hint)...
Well, not sure if its true costatus, but now I have babies!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Apparently we're looking more at Tityus smithii now, but still not 100%. Michiel and I have been talking on Facebook about it a bit.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Apparently we're looking more at Tityus smithii now, but still not 100%. Michiel and I have been talking on Facebook about it a bit.
Yep and after you mentioned T smithii - I'd have to retract my previous statement and agree with Michiel Really makes it difficult to ID a species when you don't know all the facts about it
Still a gorgeous specie no matter which it is so again Comgrats !!!!