Chilobrachys fimbriatus - double clutching?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
As the title says - can they? I seem to remember having read they do often, but can't find it anymore. Because if so, maybe Hera drops another sac after molting which would give me a chance to rectify the mistakes I made with her first...

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
As the title says - can they? I seem to remember having read they do often, but can't find it anymore. Because if so, maybe Hera drops another sac after molting which would give me a chance to rectify the mistakes I made with her first...
Can they lay a sack after molting? I thought they had to be bred again?
Double is possible I bet , but dono about post molt.

Last edited:

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Storm76, from my understanding the ONLY species in the hobby that can retain sperm after molting is Encyocratella olivacea. I've heard other species of tarantulas can do it, but they aren't in the hobby(unless you Germans have them and aren't telling anyone lol).

If your female double clutches, she will have to lay another sac before molting. If not, you will have to find her another male. I don't even know if this genus is able to double clutch, like Psalmopoeus or Pterinochilus does.

Last edited:

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sickius longibulbi lack spermethecae as well, does that mean they can retain sperm like Encyocratella?

Last edited:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Storm76, from my understanding the ONLY species in the hobby that can retain sperm after molting is Encyocratella olivacea. I've heard other species of tarantulas can do it, but they aren't in the hobby(unless you Germans have them and aren't telling anyone lol).

If your female double clutches, she will have to lay another sac before molting. If not, you will have to find her another male. I don't even know if this genus is able to double clutch, like Psalmopoeus or Pterinochilus does.
Thanks. That's the info I was looking for.