Baby Green Tree Frog Question

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
So, 2 of my tadpoles have frogged-out, but are so tiny -- less than inch fully sprawled out. In normal sitting posture -- appear 1/2" in size.
Can they fit through the vents of a kritter keeper? Will they even try?

I am still deli-cupping it with them, but this is not an ideal set-up at all.
I used search function but cannot find a good enclosure setup for babes.

I can do a good set up when they get bigger, but don't know how folks deal with this baby stage. And all I can find small enough for baby frogs to eat is springtails -- can't be a sufficient diet. Pinhead crix intimidate them.
And the other tadpoles all have legs -- they have a big rock to jump on when they frog-out, so no drowning deaths. Tadpoles still eating algae tablets, lettuce leaves, and flake fish food.
But my lack of education on tree frogs is pathetic, I bought on impulse and now my problem is becoming critical. Everything on internet seems to focus on tadpoles and adults.

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
I expect a lot of stuff dart frogs eat would be suitable for your babies as well. Flightless fruitflies, confused rice flour beetles, isopods, and phoenix worms for example.

Will they try to escape? Probably! Can they fit? I couldn't tell you haha. I don't have a load of experience with rearing frogs though, especially not tree frogs.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Well, I have 5 froglets now. They are apparently loving the springtails. I actually used the springtail substrate in their deli cup so it's teeming with springtails. They have a big cork bark to sit on and a gatorade cap for bathing/pooping in. Hard to do maintenance -- got 5 all jumping out in different directions at once!
Anyhow, I wanted to take this cute picture because I notice they almost always sit together, touching -- they are very social. But one moved before I took aim, so not touching in the pix. Sorry, pix is through deli-cup and not clear but shows how widdo and tiny they are -- 1/2" (over inch legs sprawled out). On my 17" laptop screen, pix is about real-life size.

IMG-20150712-00611.jpg

Edited to add: I feed the springtails fish flake food, so froglets may be nibbling on that too.

Last edited: