Like a boss!!

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
As many of you know my wife LOVES pokies and baboons. I myself prefer NW terrestrials and some Avics. I am in fact terrified of all things Old world.
Well my wifes 5" female P. regalis has been living in a gallon jar with a cork tube that filled the jar, at night the big beast would squeeze itself out of the tube and in the morning squeeze itself back in.
So I Sold my crested geckos to free up an 12x12x18 exo-terra. I replaced the screen with Plexiglass so that the pokie could have a better home.
All day I have been waiting for my wife to transfer the pokie.( she transfers and handles all spiders that may run or bite)But, I am not a patient man, and when the ball and chain went to take a nap I couldn't take it any more.
So I took old tank and new tank into the bathtub. mentally prepared myself and excepted the fact that I might get bit.

AND TRANSFERRED THE EVIL, SOUL SUCKING, EATER OF FIRST BORN CHILDREN ALL BY MYSELF!!!!!

It was actually quite easy, the new tank has a much larger cork tube. I plugged the end of the tube she was in with a paper towel, stuck the other end into the larger cork tube, removed the paper towel and used the end of my bamboo tongs to direct her into the new hide. I had to block two rather quick attempts to exit the tube and run back up the top of it towards me and freedom, but once she abandoned that plan it was smooth sailing. now she sits at the bottom of her new hide planning my murder.
I expect the hide to be closed with a dirt web by morning, which has happened every single time I have introduced a spider to a new cork tube.

(and for the record I have no fear of the pain inflicted by a pokie bite or any other pain for that matter, I have a fear of letting anything bite me, including baby leopard geckos.
IF I get bit I WILL jerk my hand away or some other reaction that would probably result in a dead pokie. I have been bit by every non venomous reptile out there usually on purpose to prove to others it didn't hurt,but for some reason I just can't sit there and let it happen anymore. I have gotten old and lost my nerve. I blame it on the fact that I quit drinking, "watch this!" sounds like a stupid idea when you are sober all the time.)

I am rambling. point is. I AM THE POKIE KING!!

---------- Post added 07-04-2015 at 06:22 PM ----------

well I'll be..... maybe I am wrong about the dirt web, I just looked up and she is out wandering around checking out her new pad. figured she wouldn't move till dark.
hopefully she doesn't take to long to adjust. cuz I aint even tryin that crap again!!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Good job ! pokies are my #1 favorite aboreal , and fav OW. Perhaps my favorite Genus too,:biggrin::biggrin:
I had to catch a loose adult female P ornata 8" running around in the hall way , in my parents house.

My Female H mac Is my meanest aboreal.

ophidia

Arachnopeon
I have a P. rufilata that I expect will be too big for it's sling enclosure when it next molts, and, since the red runner I put in there a few days ago is still around, that's probably happening soon. Then I, too, will have to join the "I transferred a pokie without being horribly killed" club! :D

I don't see it much. Hopefully after it molts it'll be out a little more.

miserykills

Arachnosquire
Congrats on the successful rehouse! But selling the cresties to make space for tarantulas? Sounds crazy to me lol.

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
dirtweb.jpg
I swear its like I am never wrong!!! here's the dirt web.

and crestys are boring! I am ready to get rid of ALL the reptiles in the house to make room for spiders. you know how many slings I could put in the space my wife's stupid ball python is taking up? the ball python I talked her into buying so we could sell the snake, recouping all of our money for the purchase, getting the huge exo-terra and all supplies for FREE, which would start a cage upgrade chain reaction for everyone in the house including a half dozen spiders! Then the dreaded " she's so cute! I think I am going to keep her!"
my plan was genius. it took females 10 minutes to ruin it! lol

This is where Blueandbluer gets mad at me, I kid! I kid! when my wife gets a new animal she gets this look on her face of pure happiness and I guess love? it is the same look small children get when they get their first very own kitten or puppy. I would do anything to see that look on her face and would never tell her no. But, being my wife means you as my partner agree to be the butt of my jokes. plain and simple.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
crested geckos are awesome, why didn't you just buy a 10gallon? flip it vertically and built a plexiglass lid.
You didn't like gecko anymore?

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
crested geckos are awesome, why didn't you just buy a 10gallon? flip it vertically and built a plexiglass lid.
You didn't like gecko anymore?
Nah never really been into them, and I think they have gotten ridiculous with the color phases, moneys tight next few weeks. so no purchasing anything. so juggling current collection around and trading other hobbyists is only way to get my fix right now. (which by the way I just traded a couple of folks and increased my collection by 9 new spiders, bringing me back up to a total of 52 T's)