P sazimai sibling spermatechae diffence?

Felidae

Arachnosquire
Interesting thing. I appreciate if some of you, have an idea.
First, sorry for the quality of the photos, but I made them with a cheap digital microscope.
The pictures I took from my two sazimai slings. They're siblings (what I know), but the 1. bit darker then the 2., and that was their 5. molt (second in my care). When I saw the first one, I was sure, she's a female, I can see clearly the spermatechae. The second one followed just few hours later the first with the molt... And I see also spermatechae, but lighter in color, and maybe slightly different than the first one.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Felidae

Arachnosquire
Well :) Not so much input. I'll see in the next molt, where the spermatechae will be more developed, and I'll give a reply here with new photos.

mmfh

Arachnobaron
Are you thinking they might not be the same species? This will be an interesting thread to follow if indeed they are the same. Maybe tarantulas have variations in maturity despite being the same age.

Felidae

Arachnosquire
Are you thinking they might not be the same species? This will be an interesting thread to follow if indeed they are the same. Maybe tarantulas have variations in maturity despite being the same age.
Yesterday I contacted with the seller, and following that conversation I'm sure they're the same species, and siblings from the same sac. When I got them at 05.24, it was strange the big shade difference between the two specimen, but after that molt its almost completly disappeared. I think they show up different development phase in the spermathecae, or one of the two will turn out to be male.

The two questionable molts, where we can see again the color difference between the two little ones. That was much more remarkable when they arrived:

image.jpg

And there is the two specimen in post molt, where the difference almost disappeared. They are completely the same size, and their molts followed each other just with few hours already two times in my care:

image.jpg

Last edited: