Back in the game!

hammadyy

Arachnopeon
image.jpg image.jpg Hi everybody!
After 2 years of being spiderless (*sad face*) I'm back at it! Got myself a few slings and I don't plan on stopping. Currently a proud care taker of a female p regalis and an unsexed p Metallica, p cambridgei and m balfouri. I can't wait for them to mature but until then what should I get next?

Last edited:

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
Hapalopus so. Colombia Large! Grammostola Pulchra, Heteroscodra Maculata, Psalmopoeus Irminia, Tapinauchenius Gigas, Lasiodora Parahybana or Klugi.....sooooo many!

cold blood

Staff member
Lasiodora Parahybana or Klugi.
I personally like difficilis the best of the Lasiodora group.

But get a N. chromatus or an A. genic...then go for a Pamphobeteus sp., doesn't matter which, they are all AWESOME.

Also get some avics, like a versicolor.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Honestly , There is probably not any T species I dislike. I just dont keep any pet holes except baboons/P irimina is a pet web.

But get a N. chromatus or an A. genic...then go for a Pamphobeteus sp., doesn't matter which, they are all AWESOME.

P irimina is a pet web, I see her every day :biggrin: Stunning~~!

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
That regalis seems a bit small to sex accurately through exuviae. Are you sure its a female? Congrats on the acquisitions though.

o0 Mr Ed 0o

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I haven't been very active in The T world for two years either. I just haven't bought any new additions, if I could suggest some Ts it would be a versicolor or a geniculata, the avic for their stunning colours and a genic for the raw feeding capabilities and size.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight

Can't argue with you over Ladiodoras but I would have recommended A Geniculata over them had my girl not decided she only wants crickets recently. So much for that food response....anyway, please for the love of god get Hapalopus so. Colombia Large...maybe a handful of them. Awesome colors, awesome hunters! If you want a large species, I want some Pamphobeteus myself but would be tempted to go the route of Phormictopus Cancerides in lieu of Pamphos.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Suggestions:

A. purpurea
A. metallica
A. versicolor
A. geroldi
A. sp. "amazonica"
A. juruensis

A. geniculata

E. sp. "red".

H. sp. "Colombia Large"

P. cambridgei
P. irminia
P. pulcher
P. reduncus
P. langenbucheri

P. sazimai

P. subfusca "lowland"

....there's tons out there - look at pictures, then go and research them once you find one appealing. You know the deal :)

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Suggestions:
P. subfusca "lowland"

....there's tons out there - look at pictures, then go and research them once you find one appealing. You know the deal :)
SPOT ON. Hands down my favorite Pokie. Happy I have a female and 2 slings.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
You definitely should... They shouldnt be that hard to find in Germany. Was a pain in the ass for me. Had to look for several years.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I always like raising baby pokies, but occasionally lose a few :(*. My P metallica died of DKS, dono why . I am very sad over it and avoid slings over $50 now, I was too poor to afford this.
I have to get a female of these. Maybe next year - love their contrast!

hammadyy

Arachnopeon
I think I'll be getting A diversipes, A purpurea and P subfusca lowland! (Or all three...probably all three)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You definitely should... They shouldnt be that hard to find in Germany. Was a pain in the ass for me. Had to look for several years.
Yeah, they're easy to get. Slings go for 10-12 bucks but I simply got unlucky when my last one turned into a MM within a year :)