Going on vacation

hutch924

Arachnopeon
I am leaving for a week and was wondering if my LP would be ok without any care. I dont have any friends that will watch her for that time. My parents want me to leave her at their house but I am afraid their cat is going to try to play. Do you think she will be ok? If so what should I leave with her?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
A week is nothing to worry. Don't worry about friends.. just feed her (if the T needs to eat) before leave, check the water dish, and you will be fine.
The cat? I have five cats, and they don't care about T's. They ambush only birds.
Put the T in a "no cat zone" then.

cold blood

Staff member
Agreed, a week isn't a concern unless its teeny tiny. Feed it up and make sure it has a full bowl of water...maybe even add a second if there is room...other than that, it will be just fine...it may actually appreciate the privacy.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
You can put the cage(s) in a large plastic bag to reduce dehydration.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just got back today from being gone for a week, all of my gang is perfectly fine, I had two molts while I was gone as well.

hutch924

Arachnopeon
OK thanks all. She just molted a month ago and is about 5-6 inches now.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I agree she should be fine for a week. To be fair, I only do feedings & maintenance (if required) weekly anyway on ones that size -- so mine would get similar care whether I was home or not. :)

Last edited: