What The Hell is The Deal With This Book?!

Purple Grant

Arachnopeon
First of all £53.60 for a 58 page Kindle book!

Then if you click the "look inside" and it's mental!
It's almost as though it was dictated by someone with a strong accent and transcribed phonetically by someone who doesn't read English.

Can't for the life of me think how it came to be.

Here's the link... "Mexican Red Knee Tarantula Care Guide"

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I hate Amazon. Btw, I'm sorry but it's you in the picture, man? Great beard, looks like Sawney Bean family style.

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
I think, but could be wrong, that it is intentionally messed up like that to give you a look at the inside but discourage anyone from copying the info. but my wife says i'm an idiot so what do I know?

Purple Grant

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry but it's you in the picture, man? Great beard, looks like Sawney Bean family style.
Thanks, although it wouldn't be good for cannibalism. I get in enough mess with soup.

I think, but could be wrong, that it is intentionally messed up like that to give you a look at the inside but discourage anyone from copying the info. but my wife says i'm an idiot so what do I know?
Don't think so. It's meant to be the first couple of pages to whet the appetite (You can't click and copy it anyway I don't think). That gibberish isn't selling anything.

Last edited:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Uh wow, that's pretty bad. So, on same site, I searched for TKG and 'peeked inside' and it was properly edited and correct.

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
I think the seller is insane. That's the only logical explanation. I also think anyone buying it is also likely insane. Dat price, seriously?

There isn't even a name credited to it that's visible lol, just says author. He has a bunch of different ones for different species, some snake ones and some automobile ones. All priced the same. It wouldn't surprise me if half the "research" is simply copy/pasta'd from google searches...

Not to mention specialtyguides.com is a dead link XD.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I looked up a book I read that is over 800 pages...5.46 for it. It was also correctly worded

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
I looked up a book I read that is over 800 pages...5.46 for it. It was also correctly worded
Honestly I think the guy is probably using other peoples material and just hoping that some sucker will purchase it and be too stupid to tell otherwise. Wouldn't be the first time someone is trying to pull a fast one.

cold blood

Staff member
An entire book on the care of B. smithi?????

Its about the easiest t to take care of that I can think of. A pamphlet made from a single piece of paper would probably be sufficient...probably better than the book. I mean, seriously, what kind of dribble is that book filled with??

Hilarious if you ask me.

Oh yeah, op....that is a fantastic beard!

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I could write soooo many books...I am gonna be rich! I don't even have to spell correctly!

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
My guess is that this is a self-published book, and the author used a bad e-reader conversion program. What still eludes me, however, is how he or she could have not noticed before putting it up for sale.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This should explain everything:

"Our guide is only available from our website and includes more information specific to the Mexican Red Knee Tarantula than any other book or manual we have ever found."

*cough* thank you, SpecialtyGuides - I'll pass. Wholeheartedly!

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
An entire book on the care of B. smithi?????

Its about the easiest t to take care of that I can think of. A pamphlet made from a single piece of paper would probably be sufficient...probably better than the book. I mean, seriously, what kind of dribble is that book filled with??
Yeah, you guys all think you know everything, but I'm sure he has oodles of super-secret Red Knee keeping tips! :biggrin:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
58 Pages on a mexican redknee? what a joke? They are so easy to care-for I see no need for a caresheet 58pg sized book.

It gets 1 star , Book looks very good but the text is unreadable
Unless you decifer what its supposed to say and get it re typed in full "