Scorpions of the World - Book

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Has anyone had the chance to page through "Scorpions of the World" by Stockmann and Ythier?

http://scorpionsworld.com/

Looks like a fantastic book, but with a fantastic book comes a not so fantastic price tag. Tempted to get it after my next pay day, but I'd like to hear opinions from the scorpers on here first.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I haven't checked this book out yet but with that many species in it - it's on my "need to buy " list
Looks awesome !!!!

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I purchased the book at the beginning of the year. It is an awesome book with great pictures. It doesn't have every scorpion species in it but definitely one for the collection. Well worth the $100 or so price tag.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well, got the book today and I gotta say, I'm extremely impressed. Heck of a lot of great info, good pictures, and just lots of good all around scorper stuff :) Only complaint I have is the range maps color the entire country instead of where it's actually found, but that's a pretty small negative compared to all the positives this book brings. The authors at least mention though that their maps highlight the entire country, so they don't have you going in thinking a species can be found throughout said country.

matmohair1

Arachnopeon
The book was awesome, it exceeded my expectations,
I ordered it alongside Tarantulas of the World from nhbs.com

was great to find all the popular species, alongside the biggest and deadliest from each continent!
I never heard of a spitting scorpion before, nor did I know that Deathstalkers had as many color morphs.

however the book was organized by geographic location rather than taxonomic classification,
and the same information is repeated more than once for some species
or subspecies and common names are rarely given too.

but anyways the book was better than a lot out there
and the first few chapters are very informative and illuminating.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I agree with matmohair1, it would have been nice for things to be set up taxonomically, but they at least got the species in there. After reading through it a bit more and going back to check other sections, I still give this book a big thumbs up!