confusing snake eggs. need assistance

mattman

Arachnosquire
My snake eggs seem to be infertile but I still see red veins through out the egg but its yellow.The others are red with veins .From what I read veins means it hasnt settled to the bottom but yellow means it is infertile
Any information or advise will be welcome.

mmfh

Arachnobaron
I wouldn't give up on any eggs in which veins are visible. That being said, I have had eggs with veins that stayed yellow and just seemed to have stopped developing and never did hatch. Hold on to them, maybe they are just developing slowly. Good luck

mattman

Arachnosquire
i had some broad headed skinks that had the same thing going on. And one of them just hatched

---------- Post added 07-18-2015 at 07:38 PM ----------

i made a risky move ive had them since feb-1. and they were found while we were rolling bails of hail.so who knows how long theyve been incubating. So i got the worst one it had three black spots on it. A bit dirty looking so i opened it up very carfully and a little snake looking at me. It looked a little splayed out other pics showed them coiled up in thier eggs.But it came right out I have it in a 6quart tub with paper towls misted. i am so excited.

Last edited:

spiderbesideher

Arachnosquire
I have one fertile corn snake egg from my "two females" which produced four eggs recently... It is about a month along... There's some veins and a blob in the center which I assume is the developing embryo? Excited to see how it turns out... Won't know until around September I guess. :D
IMG_20150721_214209.jpg

IMG_20150715_214044.jpg

Last edited: