spiderbesiderher Photo Thread

spiderbesideher

Arachnosquire
Thanks for stopping by my thread! Any comments or constructive criticism appreciated.

All my t's are still slings now so their pictures are few and far between. But I still try!

Right now I am using these approximately 4 inch cubed acrylic baseball display cases for housing. They had tight fitting lids that I soldered ventilation holes in. Each has a tiny flower pot with some artificial leaves hot glued on for effect, and a tiny betta bowl plant in the corner. Water dishes are clear plastic dishes from Jamie's Tarantulas. I ordered the little name plates from a seller on eBay for about $2 each, thought it made it look more professional :)

0719151403a.jpg

0719151402d.jpg

Here's a decent pic of the Rosie.

0719151403.jpg

Hope I'm doing this right!

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
When they get bigger and needs rehousing, you can add more vents on the sides and less at the top :) all in all looks good, really nice setups, even I would like to live in there :p

spiderbesideher

Arachnosquire
Yeah that is a regret in hindsight! Next time they get moved around I'll have more ventilation holes on the actual sides. Thank you!

spiderbesideher

Arachnosquire
Well I had a B. vagans and G. rosea for five years that I raised several years ago. I'm just getting back in, and so far I've been sticking with the NW terrestrial... The P. murinus was a freebie from Swift's with my order, chosen in a moment of courage :D so far since it is a sling it seems more interested in hiding than anything... But yes I am anxious to see its personality emerge with time!

PS I just followed you on Instagram! Sweet pics

spiderbesideher

Arachnosquire
New kids on the block!

0.25 inch Brachypelma smithi sling. You can just barely see the coloring thinking about showing up. Tiny enough that I decided to keep it in a deli cup for fear of losing it. I have coveted a Mexican Red Knee forever and am so excited to add one to the collection!

0726151212.jpg

0.75 inch Grammastola pulchripes sling. Rambunctious and parading around the enclosure already. Looking forward to watching this one grow into its clothes.

0725150932-1.jpg

Will post more as they become more photogenic :)

scott99

Arachnoknight
Thanks for stopping by my thread! Any comments or constructive criticism appreciated.

All my t's are still slings now so their pictures are few and far between. But I still try!

Right now I am using these approximately 4 inch cubed acrylic baseball display cases for housing. They had tight fitting lids that I soldered ventilation holes in. Each has a tiny flower pot with some artificial leaves hot glued on for effect, and a tiny betta bowl plant in the corner. Water dishes are clear plastic dishes from Jamie's Tarantulas. I ordered the little name plates from a seller on eBay for about $2 each, thought it made it look more professional :)

View attachment 137855

View attachment 137856

Here's a decent pic of the Rosie.

View attachment 137857

Hope I'm doing this right!
WOW, you G rosie is actually eating that must be some sort freak of nature. On the serious note, you collection is off to a good start.

spiderbesideher

Arachnosquire
WOW, you G rosie is actually eating that must be some sort freak of nature. On the serious note, you collection is off to a good start.
Lol yeah she is a good eater, always has been.

Thanks! I am enjoying the journey and have a few more on the way! I think as long as I keep the collection under two digits I can say I don't have a problem, right :D

spiderbesideher

Arachnosquire
Nomz

B. albopilosum - every time she eats, she races down with the cricket into her burrow... But then emerges quite regally about thirty seconds later as if to show off. :D I love her personality - so inquisitive! And I love that I caught the "gleam" in two of her eyes.

0726152113a-1.jpg

Last edited:

spiderbesideher

Arachnosquire
Avicularia avicularia sling! This kid was ALL OVER ME when I opened up the package. Ran up my arms and all around... Until I realized duh, it's an arboreal, it's going to run up, not down like your others. Then I put the container ABOVE it and it climbed right in.

Very vibrant colors I think and I love the little socks!

0729152117.jpg

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That kinda thing can happen with an Avic while unpacking, yeah. It's startling for new keepers sometimes, but overall not a big deal and giving people an idea how these behave. Some mellow out some, others don't. Very cute little fuzzball :)

spiderbesideher

Arachnosquire
My t collection has doubled from 4 to 8 within a week of joining this forum. Coincidence? I think not. :p

Introducing Cookie Monster, the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (GBB)! What a lovely specimen with great coloring even as a sling. Looking forward to watching her grow and their impressive webbing.

0730151951a.jpg

I think I will kick back and relax for some time now enjoying the new additions before considering any more . There's a gorgeous view on the spider shelf in my house now! :D

Fini

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My t collection has doubled from 4 to 8 within a week of joining this forum. Coincidence? I think not. :p
This is acceptable behavior. :D I also abandoned my priorities this month and have been on a spider-bender with ten added in the past three weeks.

12-step program and intervention may be necessary at some point.

spiderbesideher

Arachnosquire
This is acceptable behavior. :D I also abandoned my priorities this month and have been on a spider-bender with ten added in the past three weeks.

12-step program and intervention may be necessary at some point.
"Hello, my name is Summer and I'm a tarantulaholic"

Burchling

Arachnopeon
Very cool. My a.avic is at the same stage right now. I might know who you got it from just based off that, but very cool indeed! Those containers btw are awesome. They're called AMAC containers and if you have a "Container Store" near you they carry all of them. This place is T enclosure heaven... And the biggest one is under $4 :D I use them for almost all of my T's