Tarantulas natural predators?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
What is there biggest predator?
Pepsi wasps?

Giant centipedes, I could imagine are a natural enemy.
Scorpions I suppose are a threat too, Larger species.

Last edited:

REvan342

Arachnopeon
In general many animals will predate tarantulas, including: Birds, snakes, frogs, larger centipedes, chameleons, other tarantulas, ants, Pepsi wasps, foxes, and many many others.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Id assume that whatever eats them is generally a lot larger right? Since Ts will not go down without a fight. Larger species of chameleons are huge arent they? i need to get a chameleon/lizard someday.
In general many animals will predate tarantulas, including: Birds, snakes, frogs, larger centipedes, chameleons, other tarantulas, ants, Pepsi wasps, foxes, and many many others.
Too bad we cannot raise the Oxygen levels so Ts get larger, like bugs once were huge.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor

Mongeese, Meerkats, Honey Badgers, Coati Mundi's, Lizards, Scorpions, Mantids, etc.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Biggest predators are mans who collect them, and not always for keeping them as pets. In some south east Asian nations there's a T (mostly "Haplos") genocide.

Pokie Master

Arachnosquire
Id assume that whatever eats them is generally a lot larger right? Since Ts will not go down without a fight.
Not necessarily. Ever see some of the tiny packs of ants that can take down T's? Army ants, fire ants, and all other kinds of ants that eat anything they can that stumbles into them.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In Point of Fact, there is no suck thing as a Pepsi wasp unless Pepsi Co had a new mascot.

mmfh

Arachnobaron
No suck thing as a Pepsi wasp........spell check strikes twice muahaha

Liverwort

Arachnopeon
There was an account of a velvet worm eating a Haplopelma sp. However, they didn't know if it was active predation or scavenging.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Too bad we cannot raise the Oxygen levels so Ts get larger, like bugs once were huge.
I gotta ask...what is it with you and man-sized T's?! First protein to "improve" their growthrate-idea, now this...

Ever thought how -not- funny it would be seing a 2 foot A. geniculata rushing through a town to catch all the prey available? Not too mention that I wouldn't even want to get haired by that thing...wth? "Moooom - there's a bolus in our pool again..."

Brr! Gonna get a shower now...I feel itchy suddenly.

Last edited:

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
I gotta ask...what is it with you and man-sized T's?! First protein to "improve" their growthrate-idea, now this...

Ever thought how -not- funny it would be seing a 2 foot A. geniculata rushing through a town to catch all the prey available? Not too mention that I wouldn't even want to get haired by that thing...wth? "Moooom - there's a bolus in our pool again..."

Brr! Gonna get a shower now...I feel itchy suddenly.
It would kinda be cool having a dog sized T! You could take it to the park on a leash and everyone would freak lol Oops there goes the neighbor's cat.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
It would kinda be cool having a dog sized T! You could take it to the park on a leash and everyone would freak lol Oops there goes the neighbor's cat.
Take it on a leash? Dog sized? You will be the first meal when attempting to put a leash on it ...