Scorpion ID - Centruroides hentzi?

spiderbesideher

Arachnosquire
Sorry in advance if I am posting this in the wrong category, I didn't see a specific ID thread for scorpions. Maybe this belongs in the scorpion picture thread?

I live in central Florida and we have these all around the county. I am guessing they are Centruroides hentzi? Interestingly I always find them perched on something, like the recycle bin or mailbox, usually around evening or night. Our cat found one in the house once.

Thanks in advance! Currently I only have t's but scorpions are very fascinating too. Maybe the next frontier :)

Attachments

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Not sure of the specific species but probably hentzi very cool though. I wish my cat would find them in my house haha

spiderbesideher

Arachnosquire
Not sure of the specific species but probably hentzi very cool though. I wish my cat would find them in my house haha
Thanks! Based on searching for central Florida scorpions I think so too. Next time I find one I think I will try to catch it and observe for a few days.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
The top pic looks like a male + bottom pic is a female. Try catching a couple and keep them together :)
Id love to find scorpions in my home except a few escapees that have never been found