Is this enough ventilation?

IvanATP

Arachnopeon
Sorry for the re-post but "Housing" has very little traffic and I'd like to make sure my T's aren't in bad conditions.

first pic is this enclosure http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OQW98Q?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 with an A diversipes housed in it

second picture is of a regular 5 gallon fish tank with a G rosea in it

Is this enough, should I add more?

Also any decor ideas for my rosea? it burrows so I don't want to put anything inside that could potentially collapse on it.
Any help is appreciated.
20150723_191756.jpg 20150723_191813.jpg

IvanATP

Arachnopeon
Also the G rosea is on the wall because its substrate is too moist, I had t soak the dry coco blocks to break them apart. Next Time I'll do this days before I transfer a T, the previous enclosure was just too small for it and I wanted to move it out asap.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Also the G rosea is on the wall because its substrate is too moist, I had t soak the dry coco blocks to break them apart. Next Time I'll do this days before I transfer a T, the previous enclosure was just too small for it and I wanted to move it out asap.
You can add a piece of cork bark, all of my T's, and the T's i had, loves that. And nothing more, when there's a piece of cork bark, a hide, bone dry substrate and the water dish, "Grammos" are perfectly fine.

IvanATP

Arachnopeon
How should I put it in there? I had a piece of hollowed out cork in its last enclosure but removed it when I saw that the T had burrowed under it and it could possibly fall on top of it. the I buried it to make a sort of "burrowing hole" for it but the T saw it as something it couldn't burrow through and just ended up making it's hole in the other corner of its enclosure.

milky

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's fine. You don't need any more ventilation holes.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
How should I put it in there? I had a piece of hollowed out cork in its last enclosure but removed it when I saw that the T had burrowed under it and it could possibly fall on top of it. the I buried it to make a sort of "burrowing hole" for it but the T saw it as something it couldn't burrow through and just ended up making it's hole in the other corner of its enclosure.
Then, don't. The T have a hide? I always provide a hide even to burrowers, or semi-burrowers ones. Btw all my obligate burrowers started their burrows under the cork bark and never collapsed.

IvanATP

Arachnopeon
Guess I'll give it another try, maybe I'll hot glue the parts that touch the glass to help anchor it.

cold blood

Staff member
Hides move a bit sometimes when burrowed under or around, I've never removed one because of it. If they're burrowing around it, its being utilized, and that's a good thing. Some of my N. chromatus have their hides collapsed to the bottom, with sub piled atop, but they still utilize it.

As for the ventilation, the rosea is fine, their ventilation requirements are minimal compared to the avic. You would be fine with 1/4 of the ventilation here. When I vent tops, I drill holes like you did, but I don't touch the middle, concentrating instead on either end, to encourage a bit of flow within the enclosure....but you're fine with the rosea.

The avic on the other hand, isn't ventilated properly. Its got plenty, its just in the wrong place. Cross ventilation is what you want...top ventilation should be minimal, at best. Too much on the top and any micro-climate you are building just floats out the top, not what you want with an avic. I would be leery about housing an Avic in an enclosure ventilated in such a manner.

TsunamiSpike

Arachnosquire
The ventilation is more than enough, you're only issue is topside ventilation is pointless compared to cross ventilation, especially with arboreal Ts. That's why glass enclosures aren't so great unless you're skilled with the right tools.

A hint on the substrate issue is to stick it in the oven...dries it off pretty quickly and has the added bonus of killing any nasties you wouldn't want in there. Granted there should be nothing unwelcome in the substrate blocks but never can tell.

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
A hint on the substrate issue is to stick it in the oven...
I like to take a hacksaw, cut the brick in half. Then find a sturdy bag, and rub the two rough cut pieces together. Dry sub, and as much as I want. Also, I use screwdrivers or non-sharp poking devices to break it up further. I stopped adding water to expand my coco bricks years ago. If I need to add some moisture to it, I use a spray bottle, and that same sturdy bag. You can toss the dry stuff with some water around in the bag.

Your-distance-in-kilometers-may-vary.