Cotinis mutabilis!

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
The southwest counterpart of Cotinis nitida, however, mutabilis is not the pest that nitida is, and strongly prefers detritus and rotting vegetation as opposed to nitida, which are known to devastate lawns in summer.

In addition to those differences, mutabilis grows much larger, in excess of 30mm. They're still a pest of soft skinned stone fruits and figs, hence the name 'Fig Beetle".

I'm actually breeding these en masse, right now. The larvae get pretty big- around 2-2.5"!

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
I am also breeding some of those too! I once caught one that was about 40 millimeters. I was very big!

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
But don't they only feed on already damaged fruit? that doesn't really make them a pest because people wouldnt have eaten it anyways.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
If the breeding attempt works will you be selling these? I want one SO BAD!

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I've got some larvae, now! Should have quite a large number of them, my females are still digging down and laying eggs.

Pulled up 26 in just a few minutes of searching around.

---------- Post added 08-25-2015 at 06:21 PM ----------

I am also breeding some of those too! I once caught one that was about 40 millimeters. I was very big!
That's about how large the adult pictured is!

DETHCHEEZ

Arachnosquire
It'll work. they're easy to keep. a mixture of cornmeal and birdseed and boiled veggies is an excellent food for them.
Organic compost is also a great substrate & food source

I'm plant /slash/ garden veggie freak
Amongst other things
&
My compost pile is FULL of them