Ephebopus cyanognathus :D

orionsXlight

Arachnopeon
My cute little blue fang is on its way ^.^ I'm so incredibly stoked! :biggrin: I'm sick of arboreals and wanted a burrower for a change. This isn't a generic "Can someone find me a caresheet" thread, but rather experiences, enclosure ideas or opinions on Ephebopus as a whole. Like always, researching online and watching videos only gets you so far. I'd love to hear about your first hand adventures. Do they make elaborate burrows or just straight holes?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't have a cyanognathus, but I do have a murinus female. She dug all the way down under a piece of corkbark, long tunnel with a chamber around a corner at the end. They need higher humidity than other burrowers, but with good ventilation to prevent mold. Springtails or the like help with that subject. This genus has the urticating hairs on their pedipalps and not on the abdomen and yes - they can throw them in front of themself! Pretty fast, somewhat defensive in general. Mostly out at the mound of their burrow at night, some wander around a little even. Great species, don't underestimate their speed, they're pretty fast for a terrestrial :D

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
E. Cyanognathus need deep sub, moist at all times(wet enough to clump, yet no water seeps out) they Will make vertical burrows and elaborate decorations above ground. Whatever you use for an enclosure make sure it hold humidity well, and offers as much climbing height as digging depth. For instance if you have a 6" high enclosure for a ~1" baby, give them 3" of sub and the rest climbing height. Put in a piece of cork bark and /fake plants and you're all set

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I can only say that they can "teleport" as well if they wants (better than the "skeleton") even if they aren't arboreals.
Somewhat nasty venom (compared to the mass of NW in general). High humidity and lots of substrate, a cork bark, water dish, full ventilation and you're fine.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
E. Cyanognathus need deep sub, moist at all times(wet enough to clump, yet no water seeps out) they Will make vertical burrows and elaborate decorations above ground. Whatever you use for an enclosure make sure it hold humidity well, and offers as much climbing height as digging depth. For instance if you have a 6" high enclosure for a ~1" baby, give them 3" of sub and the rest climbing height. Put in a piece of cork bark and /fake plants and you're all set
I've never had either of my Ephebopus climb. Did you read that or have you actually had that happen?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I've never had either of my Ephebopus climb. Did you read that or have you actually had that happen?
They can climb pretty well, especially if humidity isn't right, or in the case of new arrival T's. Once everything is fine, and they start to burrow, they stop.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
They can climb pretty well, especially if humidity isn't right, or in the case of new arrival T's. Once everything is fine, and they start to burrow, they stop.
Of course they can climb. Let me rephrase my question, have yours been observed living an arboreal lifestyle?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
All my Cyanognathus, and my uatuman climb and make semi arboreal setups
Ephebopus have been found on a few feet up on trees between the bark, but we're keeping them terrestrial since for the most part they are. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see them make use of a semi-arboreal setup even if given the chance to dig. An offered corkbark-tube is likely to draw their attention rather than having to waste energy on digging a burrow.

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
Ephebopus have been found on a few feet up on trees between the bark, but we're keeping them terrestrial since for the most part they are. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see them make use of a semi-arboreal setup even if given the chance to dig. An offered corkbark-tube is likely to draw their attention rather than having to waste energy on digging a burrow.
Agreed 100%.