Costa Rican Tiger Rumps [current] name

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Okay. In advance, I'm going to apologize as I might be slightly inebriated at this moment.
However, I'm at my breaking point with this and am not sure where to look for a proper explanation or answer. Please bear with me!!!!
Over the last couple of weeks, I have been taunted over the correct name for the T commonly referred to as the "Costa Rican Tiger Rump" tarantula. (please don't tell me this is the only case where the common name is more accurate!! I promise I will cry! The name has changed, in no particular order, from Cyclosternum fasciatum, perhaps more than once, to Davus fasciatus, Davus pentaloris, or Davus fasciatum, and someone also suggested another name, that at this point, I don't even want to remember or consider. Can someone PLEASE tell me, or point me in the direction of some research paper on the subject? My brain hurts, I'm confused, and I'm sick of being teased about it.
Is there more than one? A "hobby" version? All the same tarantula? I just need to know it's name. It's killing me and I don't know how to find out. People are filling my head with random answers.
If I need to provide pictures, I can and will.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hmm...a few links:

CLICKY

CLICKY

Perhaps that helps :)

If female, spermathecae of fasciatus is vastly different from the triangular shaped one of the pentalore.

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire
Ha, I bought one of these and received a C. pentalore as a freebie with it, so I understand the frustration.

According to the World Spider Catalog to which someone generously linked me on the subject, Cyclosternum is correct and Davus is a synonym (or is considered to be, by some researchers). Some people believe Davus is more accurate, but the evidence on that isn't hefty enough to officially change it. There's a book in which it's discussed, but I don't remember the title of it -- it's been a few months since I last looked into it... and since then it could have changed, I suppose.

Until it's an official thing, I'm sticking with C. fasciatum ;)