Pedes stronger then ? Other invrts

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I was wondering Pedes seem to be very strong for there size,. Are they the strongest of inverts? Ts are strong but less armored. Scorps built like tanks but pedes are stronger.

Pedes seem to be very strong for there size !

I want to get a giant pedes someday just have yet to own one, gotta do my research first. Cant be harder then T stirmi was, or P antinous.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
It's all subjective until someone actually tests it. If you get a pede keep in mind that they're escape artists, more so than any T I've ever kept.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The strongest ones I have had are the Sc. galapagoensis/gigantea, there's some controversy over the ID. Anyway, I still have CBs that are young adults now. While feeding one, it bolted out. I have them in shallow tubs to save space, I'm just willing to do it that way risking one of the crazies running over the edge. I've had my share of escapees so, being tired of that, I just pin them and grab them behind the head now. They are very strong so it's a balance of a strong grip without squishing them while they try to work to bite a finger. One tore my hands up pretty bad, or good, depending on your point of view, with it's sharp feet. I knew I was going to get some cuts peeling it off my hand. I’ve been bitten a couple of times and it bled a lot each time but didn’t hurt that bad.

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
It's all subjective until someone actually tests it. If you get a pede keep in mind that they're escape artists, more so than any T I've ever kept.
Yeah I tried to keep house centepedes about 2 escaped, I got 2 left. I gotta house them aboreally with no way to ecape. So Giant pedes if I get one will need even more escape proof housing.

I want a Giant pede , but only after I have built an escape proof cage.

Ripa

Arachnobaron
Strongest invert for its size would be members of the Dynastinae subfamily of scarab beetles, with some members having the capacity to lift up to 850xs their own body weight. Even large members like Dynastes tityus can support over 80xs their own body weight. To put it in perspective, you can test this with some smaller scarab relatives in your backyard- even those little Phyllophaga junebugs have quite a grip for their size.