Christopher's Photos (fuzzyavics72)

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here are a few of my specimens from my collection. ;)

The first picture is my new H. pulchripes in it's new home. Thanks Jhud! This little guy is just stunning!

The second picture is my G. iheringi male (freshly molted). He some how manages to get his water bowl (pop top) disgusting.

The third picture is of my B. albiceps female just relaxing on her cork. I gotta say this is one of the least skittish tarantula, I've ever had the pleasure to deal with. I bought her at a petstore three years ago for a steal.

And the last picture is one of my Avicularia purpurea females running on my shorts. This species is so skittish and very reclusive, but luckily she didn't freak out on me and jet under my bed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Burchling

Arachnopeon
Love the Purpurea :)

From a guy names "fuzzyavics" I expected to see a lot more avics! lol ;)

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks. I have quite a few purpurea. And I love them to death! They just take forever to grow lol.

Hahaha! Burchling, I do have a ton of Avicularia! Lol! I will eventually post them all! I'm just letting hobbyists soak them in slowly! :p

Burchling

Arachnopeon
Thanks. I have quite a few purpurea. And I love them to death! They just take forever to grow lol.

Hahaha! Burchling, I do have a ton of Avicularia! Lol! I will eventually post them all! I'm just letting hobbyists soak them in slowly! :p
Here's a couple of my little avics:
FullSizeRender (4).jpg
FullSizeRender (5).jpg

cold blood

Staff member
Great pics Chris...nice group of t's....H. pulchripes...man, that's sweet!:clap: I hope its female so you can start producing them asap!!

My albiceps is JUST starting to show colors....gonna molt soon, I can't wait....I should be able to sex it now....its just over 2" and mine went from the worst eating sling I have ever seen to a total beast in the span of 2 molts....If its male, good to know I have a place to send it!

That inhering looks positively stunning after molting.:clap:

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Burchling, your Avicularia versicolor looks like a female and what's the second Avic? I'm assuming it's a Avicularia avicularia? Great specimens btw! I really love my Avicularia way too much. They're by far the best genus.

Thanks cb! I'm hoping to get a camera for Christmas, so I can actually take good photos! H. pulchripes are amazing! Definitely one of my favorite tarantula's in my collection. My specimen is always hungry, out in the open, and webs soo much! Also my specimen isn't defensive at all, but only time will tell.

I love my Brachypelma albiceps! None of mine kick hair. I noticed albiceps have big molts for being a Brachypelma spp. That's weird your specimen didn't eat much as a sling. My little one's are power houses! They eat every time I offer them food. I hope your albiceps is a she, but if not... I could definitely use a male. :)

CB you really really need Grammostla iheringi if you don't have any in your collection. I have three and I definitely want more lol. This is the ONLY species of Grammostla that I like. They definitely aren't your typical Grammostla, they're so different from the rest of the genus. IF, I ever produce some slings I would love to give you some!

Last edited:

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My H. pulchripes freshly molted. S/he molted twice in a month. Seems like this species grows pretty quickly or it just might be my specimen. Any one who has H. pulchripes, can you comment on their growth rate? Would love to find out.

Gravid Poecilotheria miranda eating a dubia. I'm hoping she will drop, if not I have a bunch of males (immature and mature) waiting for her.

A very gravid P. cambridgei wandering around her enclosure looking for food. I don't understand how she hasn't exploded yet lol. Her sister has already dropped a sac, but I paired them with different males.

My big P. rufilata stretching out her long legs in her new enclosure. I can't believe she's so big now.

Attachments

Last edited:

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Avicularia metallica (green form) breeding. This was the third time they were paired up.

Avicularia minatrix breeding. Unfortunately, she molted the next day after pairing the first time, but I paired her up after she molted. She also ate the male after pairing. Remains of the mature male.

Avicularia sp. amazonica. She's just sunbathing after eating some crickets.

Avicularia versicolor. I love this species! Especially when they're at the juvie/sub-adult stage. All of those bright colors on one tarantula is insane.

Attachments

Last edited:

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
GBB breeding - failed :/ (I've never been so upset that I've lost a male until now. I loved my mature male way too much and I've raised him for soooooo long). And yes, I know how GBB females are very aggressive with their partners.

My new Euthlaus sp. red/fire female. I bought her at my local petstore for a steal. As soon as I held her, she sold me. Such an amazing specimen!

Attachments

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for your condolences leaveittoweaver. She's freshly molted. And she even ate a male dubia the day before too. He was a very very big male. I thought he would have a chance, but he had ZERO chances; Even with me there.

Last edited:

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
What a nice collection! Sorry about your GBB though.

I love those versi colors. I posted a video of my versi sling silking up her née enclosure in my own thread; such great little beasts!

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks!

Avicularia versicolor are soooo beautiful! You will definitely enjoy raising him/her. Versicolor really love to web! Lol!

Last edited: