I just wanted to share this

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey guys
I just wanted to share a picture of the greatest starter tarantula there is if it was readily available. Anyway this is my mature male formerly known as Paraphysa sp north, he's been out on a breeding loan and I've been informed he was successful which is good. The reason I've decided to post this now is because he matured back in January so each and everyday brings the end closer and I kind of figured it was wrong not to show such a beautiful tarantula. Just for the record I don't advocate handling but it's the best way to see him in all his glory enjoy

Attachments

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Nice, I have an immature one. Now Euathlus sp north (for the time being) beautiful docile little T's. :)

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice, I have an immature one. Now Euathlus sp north (for the time being) beautiful docile little T's. :)
Yeah he is the calmest tarantula in my collection by a country mile and I have an E sp red to boot. I'm on the look out for a female to I guess replace him

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah he is the calmest tarantula in my collection by a country mile and I have an E sp red to boot. I'm on the look out for a female to I guess replace him
Exactly how is the E. sp. "red" less calm? Not one of those I've seen displayed any form of confrontational behavior, much less defensive. The most mine do is sprint a few centimeters if they get irritated. Just curious :)

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Exactly how is the E. sp. "red" less calm? Not one of those I've seen displayed any form of confrontational behavior, much less defensive. The most mine do is sprint a few centimeters if they get irritated. Just curious :)
My adult female E sp red shows occasional signs of a decent feeding response where as the E sp north will not be rushed to do anything thats what was meant by the comment l. My E sp red as also never shown any signs either

---------- Post added 08-03-2015 at 03:43 PM ----------

My adult female E sp red shows occasional signs of having a decent feeding response where as my E sp north will not be rushed to do anything. My adult E sp red as never shown any signs either she just tends to be more restless than the north

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
My adult female E sp red shows occasional signs of a decent feeding response where as the E sp north will not be rushed to do anything thats what was meant by the comment l. My E sp red as also never shown any signs either
+1 I have an E. sp. "Red", and even though she looks as gentle as can be, I'm glad I'm not a cricket. She was on the surface today (she is essentially fossorial for now), and when I opened the lid, she calmly headed to one of her four burrow holes. She stopped at the mouth of it for a few seconds, then descended further, and stuck her legs out. Dropped a cricket into a different burrow hole and she froze, waited for the right opportunity, then became a tiny blur of legs for about 1 second.

By this time tomorrow, she'll be a slow moving, calm little spider again. :)