Wishlists...and stuff

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
So, what's on yours for the time being?
There's still a bunch of Avicularia spp. on mine, namely I need to get a purpurea female again and certainly a juruensis. Poecilotheria subfusca "lowland" female - I need one! M. balfouri is another one I'd like to get at some point, E. pachypus has me interested quite some, too. Perhaps another baboon like darlingi on that note? Also interested in a bunch of true spiders, like Linothele megatheloides and fallax, H. lunula too. Frankly it's too many to name them all I think :)

Which of them has the highest priority if you come across a good deal?
So hard to say for me, the Avics possibly and the balfouri.

How far above your own set limit are you generally willing to go and what does it depend on?
Honestly not much, I watch prices before I make a call / write a mail to inquire / negotiate for a price with a breeder. There's also the thing that I tend to buy only from people I know and for that I'm usually willing to a pay a little more than usual. After all I support them that way.

Any species on the list that are marked for "further down the range" not to be acquired yet (due to lack of experience, or enclosures, or other reasons)?
Well, I've mentioned H. maculata and P. metallica somewhere far down the road possibly - not feeling I can deal with either calmly at the current point. Haplos I will never keep, just not feeling comfy around them for some reason, although it's kinda silly considering I keep C. fimbriatus and some Poecs now. But somehow they make me uneasy *shrugs*. Heteropoda lunula is also further down the list, since I still don't know enough about them. Same goes for the Linothele spp. although they're easy to keep, their venom is pretty strong from what I read. In addition to their insane speed that makes for an interesting challenge that I'm not sure I'm willing to take on...yet.

What is it for you?

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I am on the lookout for female Selenocosmia aruana and Harpactira marksi. Slings can easily be found online, but then I either have to gamble on getting a female or buy more of them, which will be a problem when they all grow up. I live in a smallish apartment and my living room don´t have much free space, so if I continue to buy more, the Ts will take over the bedroom as well :D

Further down the range I would like to get some arboreal Ts. I have avoided them for years now, due to difficulties finding suitable enclosures for them at an affordable price. If I manage to get a couple more species of terrestrials this summer, I will happily wait until next years "silly season" to get some arboreals.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Baboons like if there's no tomorrow, and some NW intermediate, have to search for rare Ephebopus sp. and one or two Phormictopus sp. Maybe a "Phampho" as well.
I pass Asians except for another female Haplopelma lividum, tough hainanum IMO would be better.

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
Just a short list, but:

Pamphoeteus Antinous, Insignis, Silvestris, Flammifera, and about 4 others. Chilobrachys (sp Nepal, Aladdin, and Black Satan), Phormictopus Cautus, Thrigmopoeus Psychedelicus (if the price comes down).

I don't ever go above my price limit. I'm more of an opportunist when it comes to collecting, I also buy in multiples to get a discount, so buying 3 or 4 of each of those species (hopefully at least 2 species at a time) cuts the total cost down.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Let's see: E.cyanognathus breeding group, the Poecs I'm missing (regalis, tigrina, rufilata, hanuma, metallica), C.fasciatum (or whatever it's being called now), P.nigricolor and ultramarinus, H.pulchripes, A.moderatum, Crypsidromus sp. Panama, G.pulchra and Euathlus sp.red females (I miss my girls). I'm sure if I tried to list everything I want we'd be here a while, but those are top of the list.

Sam_Peanuts

Arachnobaron
I have the following for now:
Avicularia laeta - I had one many years ago and it sadly passed away most likely due to my lack of skills back then so I've been trying to find another for the past year, but they're hard to find around here.
Augacephalus ezendami - I read a thread about them on here and they seemed amazing so I'm trying to get a few. I've only managed to find a single junodi(that I bought) so far in the genus. It seems I'm unlucky since I asked a dealer to try and find me some, but he couldn't get any this year and told me that last year they were everywhere...
Encyocratella olivacea - It's my absolute favorite sling that I currently own(also got the last one that was available) so I'm trying to find more of them.

And I plan to buy the next three at the september expo:
Psalmopoeus irminia
Ceratogyrus marshalli
Ceratogyrus darlingi

Ornithoctonus aureotibialis - I sadly lost my two tiny sling, possibly due to a substrate problem so I'll be replacing them at the same time I'll buy those above.

It's hard to decide between the Encyocratella olivacea since they're my favorite, but I already have one and the Avicularia laeta so If both are available at a not too exorbitant price, I'd get both.

How far above your own set limit are you generally willing to go and what does it depend on?
I don't really set any hard limits. If the price seems reasonable or not too overpriced if I really want it, I'd likely get it. The number that I own is what sets a limit for what I buy since I don't want to not be able to properly enjoy all of them.

Any species on the list that are marked for "further down the range" not to be acquired yet (due to lack of experience, or enclosures, or other reasons)?
Not really. I'm confident enough in my experience now that I would get anything I want and since I buy slings most of the time, I have plenty of time to build their juvie and adult enclosures. The only reason would be the price, but it hasn't stopped me yet(it did make me buy slings instead of older specimens for a few though).
There's some I kind of want but I'm not likely to ever get like a few of the NW ones (for example, one of the Theraphosa species) since I don't really want to have to deal with their hair. I'm already overwhelmed by the amount of OW out there that I prefer to stick with them as much as possible since I also prefer their temperament over those of the NW.
But if one day the thought of dealing with their hair doesn't outweigh my desire to get them, I'll simply change my mind and get it.

Last edited:

FireSpider

Arachnopeon
Now that I've ordered some LP slings, the only species I still really want are Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue), Hapalopus sp. Columbia (Pumpkin Patch dwarf), and Cyriocosmus ritae (Peruvian dwarf). Also interested in acquiring more different species of hissing roach and maybe a second bloodline for wide-horn hisser colony.

All have pretty much equal priority, though I'm not looking at getting anymore spiders until fall. I don't have "set limits" for how much I would spend, though I know about what everything on my list is worth and don't want any of it badly enough to overpay.

The only species I've changed my mind about due to husbandry is T. Stirmi. I still want one someday, but have decided to indulge my desire for big, fast-growing spiders with the Lasiodora species for now since they're a lot easier to keep.

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

H. incei, Chilobrachys sp. Black Satan, various Euathlus sp., C. marshalli, C. darlingi, Bumba cabocla, B. emilia...

H. incei, Black Satan and B. cabocla are definitely the top of the list.

H. mac, S. calceatum. I want both of these, but do not feel comfortable with getting them right now. Maybe someday down the road, but if I never end up with them it won't be a big deal. Haplopelma is a genus that might be "someday" as well but I'm not as interested in them. P. muticus is one I might be interested in, but do not have the space required to keep it properly. Maybe more pokies. We've got a subfusca that we bought without knowing what they are capable of. I'm fine with the one we have, but she is only 2½" right now. We'll see how she is when she gets bigger.

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
Being a fan of the ladder system, and with only B. albopilosum and E. sp. "Red", my next would be a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens. Next up is Acanthoscurria geniculata and Avicularia purpurea.

Which ever of those are available at the time. Money is no object, so the order above stands.

Yes, the rest of my ladder. I eventually want to work my way to up owning a Ceratogyrus sp. and a Monocentropus balfouri, but I'll want some good intermediary species in between. Still working out the rungs here. See my profile for a generally idea if you're further curious.

...Black Satan...
I'm only familiar with the "red colour phase" of Satan... :laugh:

NTslinger

Arachnopeon
Everything I don't already have! In time, though. In time...in time.
But honestly, another OBT, a B. smithi, some Tapinauchenius violaceus, some Monocentropus balfouri, a few Grammostola pulchra, a bunch of dwarf Aphonopelma spp., and some Lampropelma violaceopes. There are a lot more, but I might be here a while if I tried listing them all.

I would really love Monocentropus balfouri. I just can't bring myself to spend more than $30 on an individual sling just yet. However, I maybe more willing to shell out more after I'm through with school. I'm dreaming of the day when I can get all my loans paid off ,and I'm no longer struggling to pay for books, but until then.... :cry:

Maybe the T. violaceus and L. violaceopes. Arboreals are great, but I'm really digging terrestrial and even fossorial tarantulas at the moment. I still included them on my wish list because my mind changes quickly and often. I could also probably use some more experience before bringing L. violaceopes home.

Last edited:

miserykills

Arachnosquire
The top of my "wishlist" and highest priority is a Euathlus sp. red at the moment so if anyone's trying to get rid of an adult or juvie or a few slings or whatever pm me please!!! also in the back of my mind would be like a G. pulchra or A. chalcodes or something. I'm a big fan of NW terrestrials so I need a few more of what most people probably consider essential for a basic collection. And I feel like not having any avics is probably a really lame thing in the hobby so I should probably get on that...lol

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Gosh, I have a really big wish list but it isn't like I feel the need to cross off names on the wish list as quick as possible. It's more of a 'These are all the tarantulas I want to have in my collection, but there is no rush' sort of deal. I suppose it is less of a wish list and more of a 'to collect' list. When I look through AB or online stores, if I see a new (new to me or new to the hobby) T that I like, I add it to the list.

Avicularia braunshauseni. Even if I didn't find a good deal, I'd jump on the chance to add this to my collection. They're pretty rare in the US market from what I've seen. Also, when Theraposinae sp. panama go down in price I need to get 2-3 slings. At the moment, I'm more interested in trying my hand at breeding than anything else.

I usually don't think about this too much. But so far I've refused to pay more than $175 for an individual sling, and the most expensive female I have, I spent $300 on. I'd say $200 a sling and $300 a female is my absolute limit, and I won't go any higher than that limit.

Well, I don't want to pick up anymore Poecilotheria until my slings get bigger. I've got a 3" female and some 1" slings, no point in overwhelming myself with pokies when I'm still learning with these ones. Also, avoiding the Lampropelma genus until I've got more experience. Honestly-- I'm content with the few OWs I have right now, I don't feel the need to add anymore OW at this time. Well that's not 100% true, there is one OW I want to add and that's one I've wanted since I got into the hobby-- M. balfouri.

J0ttem

Arachnopeon
Although I'm not getting another T any time soon, I got a soft spot for these NW species:
Acanthoscurria geniculata
Avicularia versicolor
Brachypelma albiceps
Euathlus sp. red
Grammostola actaeon
Grammostola iheringi
Grammostola pulchra
Psalmopoeus irminia

A. genics are pretty easy to get in my area, I'm confident that'll be my next addition.

An adult female B. albiceps for sure. Haven't seen too many around and I love their colouration. Same goes for the 'lesser-known' Grammostola like G. actaeon and G. iheringi

Eh, I dont think about it too much, as long as the prices are reasonable I'll go with it.

I love Pokies for their colouration, but I'm pretty positive I wont get one until I got a few more years of experience. The same can be said about H. maculata.

Last edited:

MrDave

Arachnosquire
Euathlus sp. red is the only thing missing from my wish list, for the time being. (Subject to change upon reading another thread praising some other T).

Hard to choose... the Euathlus, I guess.

I've set a limit of 10, and I have room for 1 more. However, Euathlus slings are soo small, and so slow growing I could easily get 2 or 3. They'd probably be fine in the 2x2 inch enclosures I had my LP slings in when they arrived.

If openings occur in my collection, assuming some are males and will be gone in a couple years, I'd like to replace them with pokies. By the time this occurs, my new P cambridgei slings and the tappy will have prepared me for them.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
I'm on the lookout for Xenesthis sp. blue and intermedia mostly, as well as X. sp. "White/Bright", Pamphobeteus ultramarinus is on the top of my Pamph wishlist, sharing the number 1 spot with antinous, perhaps. I also want a H. pulchripes, C. chicoi, P. subfusca HL, Megaphobema mesomelas, G. iheringi... At the top of my wishlist would be the P. subfusca HL, X. sp. blue and P. ultramarinus and I'd definitely buy them if I came across a good deal ;)

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Ever since Blue mentioned her Rose Foot Baboon Bird-eater, I've been looking for one. No luck so far, but I keep hoping to run across this very unusual species.