LP Prices

Karmaz

Arachnopeon
I've been searching high and low for LP slings, but I swear my state is anti tarantula. Other than the few pet shop Roses and Pink Toes there are none to be found. I recently found a breeder online who has 1/4 inch LP slings for 8$ a piece. This is the cheapest I've found, other breeders are asking 20$ or more for slings of roughly the same size. My first 3 Ts were gifts, so I've never encountered this problem before. Is 8$ a sling a good deal?

cold blood

Staff member
Shop the classifieds if you want the best deals....8 bucks is a decent deal, but I regularly see them for less........LP's and OBT's are about the cheapest t's around.....everybody has them, they're easy to breed and have huge sacs.

Last edited by a moderator:

gobey

Arachnoknight
I'd say $8 is fine if you're getting one or 2.

Cheaper if you're a 5 or more type collector.

I paid $30 each for two 4" ones.

One died sadly. But the other must be pushing 5 or 6 inches now. She's huge.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I got 1" LP's for like $10 at a fair. Just wait until the next reptile fair comes around and they sometimes have pretty good prices.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Why not get an equally large spider that has a lot more color, like geniculata? You're not thinking your LP's are going to get 9 or 10" are you?

Randomjoe

Arachnopeon
Check out the reptile shows. I know there are monthly shows in Columbus, Cincinnati, and Cleveland. I've never been to the Cleveland show but they normally have T's at the Columbus and Cincinnati shows and the selection is not bad either.

Last edited:

Karmaz

Arachnopeon
I got 1" LP's for like $10 at a fair. Just wait until the next reptile fair comes around and they sometimes have pretty good prices.
Reptile fair? Nothing like that around here unless I drive a hundred or so miles.

NTslinger

Arachnopeon
I just received 3-4 inch LPs for a whopping $15 each. If you go through the Classifieds on here enough, you're bound to find them at amazing prices.

Karmaz

Arachnopeon
Why not get an equally large spider that has a lot more color, like geniculata? You're not thinking your LP's are going to get 9 or 10" are you?
No, size has nothing to do with it. I just like the LP's, I already have a P Metallica, an OBT and an LP.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
No, size has nothing to do with it. I just like the LP's, I already have a P Metallica, an OBT and an LP.
What do those species mentioned have to do with the suggested geniculata? I think I missed something here :D

Karmaz

Arachnopeon
They have nothing to do with the species itself, I was just stating that I already have colorful T's. My motives for getting the particular species I started this thread about weren't part of my question. I didn't ask for opinions on the species, I asked about prices. And while one may think it is blah, another may think it is amazing, that's why they're called opinions. My question was answered and therefore this thread no longer has a purpose.

Outkast

Arachnopeon
I got one for free 1 state over at a reptile show on Saturday :) I purchased a B Smithi sling and they threw in a LP. They were selling 1/2" LP slings for $5 a piece though. Unfortunately this on the east side of PA, so quite a drive regardless of what part of Ohio you are in. But if you are ever planning on making a trip to Philly, make sure you do it on a weekend of the Hamburg Reptile Expo. They have awesome stuff, including quite a few vendors selling all kinds and sizes of Ts. Netbug is always there, Anastasia is the best :D

Karmaz

Arachnopeon
I ended up getting 3 lp 1.5-2 inch slings and 5 B. Vagan slings for less than 50 total shipped. I plan on going to the Cleveland show in September. Thank you Outkast I visit PA once in awhile so I'll plan my next trip to visit that Expo.