Goliath bird eaters ?

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
In your guys opinions what's more impressive species to own blondi stirmi apophysis?
I already am aware how rare blondi is.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Depends, who are you trying to impress?

There's a lot more to tarantulas than owning and impressing. These are advanced level species that require certain conditions (and many care sheets are inaccurate). If you can't keep one alive, or have a serious reaction to the hairs, no one's going to be impressed regardless of which species you picked.

If you're interested in this genus, your time is best spent learning about them.

Ashton

Arachnoknight
If your profile is true, you've been around for quite a while and you should know what you're doing.

I think T. blondi is absolutely stunning because of it's bulkiness, but stirmi is a far better choice because they are readily available, fairly cheap, and can get as massive if not slightly larger than blondi. I like apophysis the least. They just seem to be too, well I'm not sure. I guess they're just not quite the color or are more leggy.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
So theraphosa are a bad choice if your alergic to hairs right? I wonder if I should stick to old worlders. And keep my current NW til they die, lol:biggrin:
Depends, who are you trying to impress?

There's a lot more to tarantulas than owning and impressing. These are advanced level species that require certain conditions (and many care sheets are inaccurate). If you can't keep one alive, or have a serious reaction to the hairs, no one's going to be impressed regardless of which species you picked.

If you're interested in this genus, your time is best spent learning about them.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
So theraphosa are a bad choice if your alergic to hairs right? I wonder if I should stick to old worlders. And keep my current NW til they die, lol:biggrin:
off topic, but you wouldnt be the first theres a few other members here that are the same way and only have a a few or no new worlds because of hair ^_^

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
In your guys opinions what's more impressive species to own blondi stirmi apophysis?
I already am aware how rare blondi is.
Impressive? Impressive how? Why do you keep saying that?

Like this thread from January, "Which one is truly more impressive Blondi or stermi?":

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?271280-Blondi-or-stirmi&p=2347187#post2347187

You've already owned and sold a few T. stirmis, so apparently they aren't "impressive" enough for you... :sarcasm:

cold blood

Staff member

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
And a link to a 3rd thread of the exact same nature started by the exact same person....baffling:/
Yeah, the other link I posted in that thread was to yet another similar one he started from 2013. Odd.