How egg-citing.

horanjp

Arachnosquire
Very cool, congrats. I'm in the midst of trying my hand at breeding this species as well. Interesting enclosure you have there. Don't mess with it too much, heaven forbid she decides to have a 'sac lunch' with that eggsac so exposed to flashlights and peering eyes!

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
I have her covered up and check her every 48-72 hours via flashlight. I'm thinking about buying a red light, but I'll just cheep out and get red suliphane to wrap around the light LOL

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Soo eggciting lol . That's a nice size diversipes sac ! There are flashlights and head lamps that come with white , red , and black light . So you can have all three in one .

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anyone else ever feel like a peeper looking in on the egg sacs lol

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And also while pairing , sitting there with a paintbrush ready to tell someone their not doing it right :laugh:

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Egglegscent! I hope you've laid plans for those slings, because taking care of that many isn't what it's cracked up to be!

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Yep they will be on the classifieds once they hit 2i.

And yeah it can be exhausting to feed that many. Can't imagine how I'm going to do it when I have the n tripepii sac!

But this is my second sac from avicularia genus, I'm pretty pumped about having a terrestrial brood in the future!

cold blood

Staff member
:clap: I hope I can afford a few.

Best of luck with the N. tripepii sac....I want that species soooooo badly.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Thank you :)

There is 114 from how many I have counted. One bad egg and it looks like I accidentally smushed one when opening the sac. :( So 113/115 Isnt bad :)

Im sure youll be able to get some Coldblood ;)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats. These guys are among my top favorites in the hobby. I love all the stages of change they go through, and that they seem a lil bit different from other avics (personality wise).
I really need to take the plunge and jump back into this hobby. Im tired of viewing from afar and not checkin on my own

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Well I don't want to count my slings before they molt but if all goes well I should be able to help you. ;)

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Well here's an update on the diversipes slings!

They are extermely mobile for being 1st instar. And continue to keep crawling down the hammock incubator!!

image.jpg image.jpg

Also they are starting to darken up very nicely

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
image.jpg

The slings are extremely dark. Any day now ;)

They remind me of mini balfouri hahah

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Woke up to a nice surprise this morning. Opened up the incubator just to check it out and BAM, had a little 2nd instar on my hand :)

First day of being 2nd instar and already causing trouble :)
image.jpg image.jpg

Sorry for shaky hand haven't had coffee yet.

cold blood

Staff member
Are you sure both parents were diversipes....lol, I kid, I kid.:laugh:

Seriously though, I want, I want!