A few of mine

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great photos Bob! I love your P. cambridgei with his/her threat posture! Shows some spunk, and I love tarantulas with spunk!

Bob, do you know the gender of your Avicularia sp. amazonica?

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
Those are some epic specimins you have, and how cooperative of them to pose so lovely for you. You have gorgeous critters, good sir!

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great photos Bob! I love your P. cambridgei with his/her threat posture! Shows some spunk, and I love tarantulas with spunk!

Bob, do you know the gender of your Avicularia sp. amazonica?
I am about 99 percent sure the amazonica is female. This particular cambridgei is by far my most defensive psalmo. Worse even than any irminia I've ever owned.
Beautiful tarantulas!
Thank you!
Those are some epic specimins you have, and how cooperative of them to pose so lovely for you. You have gorgeous critters, good sir!
Thanks! I'm actually using my phone camera for most of these and I'm amazed at that quality of the pictures it takes and the amount of detail it picks up on. I'm fortunate that most of these guys are pretty cooperative with photos. The only ones I can never get a picture of are my S.calceatum and OBT.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
Thanks! I'm actually using my phone camera for most of these and I'm amazed at that quality of the pictures it takes and the amount of detail it picks up on. I'm fortunate that most of these guys are pretty cooperative with photos. The only ones I can never get a picture of are my S.calceatum and OBT.
My phone takes pretty good pictures too. I'm glad for that, as I'm a fairly lousy shot. You do well with a cell phone, I must say.

The few of yours are very nice to look at. Throw shots of your elusive ones in here, if you ever manage to get any of them of course.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats on the female amazonica. I'm just looking for a smaller male, so I thought I'd ask.

I love big defensive P. cambridgei! One of my females are so defensive! I can look at her from a distance and she'll give me a threat display. :)

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My phone takes pretty good pictures too. I'm glad for that, as I'm a fairly lousy shot. You do well with a cell phone, I must say.

The few of yours are very nice to look at. Throw shots of your elusive ones in here, if you ever manage to get any of them of course.
I'll definitely try. The flash scares them though. I would turn it off but the room is rather poorly lit plus it helps bring out their colors better I find.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
With Ephebopus sp. you can't go wrong. No way. They are amazing, defintely more better than some overestimated strong venom high strung bla bla bla OW'S T's. Great pics Bob.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
With Ephebopus sp. you can't go wrong. No way. They are amazing, defintely more better than some overestimated strong venom high strung bla bla bla OW'S T's. Great pics Bob.
Ephebopus species are like the platypus of tarantulas to me. They have the flattened legs of an arboreal, and some even climb a lot while younger, but as adults they are burrowers. The fact that they have urticating hairs located on the pedipalps fascinates me.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ephebopus species are like the platypus of tarantulas to me. They have the flattened legs of an arboreal, and some even climb a lot while younger, but as adults they are burrowers. The fact that they have urticating hairs located on the pedipalps fascinates me.

Damn right. Also, they are really fast (sometime i think their speed is really underestimated in a general way by a lot of enthusiasts), amazing colours, they're good eaters.. yeah, IMO size only but oh well (my total madness.. love to dream about them giant as a Theraphosa sp.) I owned those (murinus, cyanognathus, uatuman) for years before starting into OW'S. Also, i think that Ephebopus cyanognathus is not only the most fast of that "company", but one of the best teleport speed T's ever (had one years ago that was like a Tapinauchenius sanctivincenti almost) able to make athletic feats of bravery in the line of duty.. i love female murinus, they remind me of Glenn Danzig skeleton dress in Misfits days... they are top notch T's!

Last edited:

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Off the subject slightly but, this thread is delightful. T fanatics in their comfort zone and some beautiful pics.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
:wink: You're not off the hook yet, Bob. How about a nice little video in high quality like these pics demonstrating why OBTs have that nickname?? :o_O:
[SUB](Use a good microphone to get the full range and timbre of the screams)[/SUB]

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:wink: You're not off the hook yet, Bob. How about a nice little video in high quality like these pics demonstrating why OBTs have that nickname?? :o_O:
[SUB](Use a good microphone to get the full range and timbre of the screams)[/SUB]
Seems reasonable. I'll get on it! ;)