exo-terra nano sized arboreal????

dabid1337

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, so i have this beautiful bookshelf that will hold 10 exo-terra nano's perfectly!!! (the 8x8x12)
im wondering what arboreal or semi-arboreal species would be a perfect match for these sized enclosures?
possibly some avics?
rite now i have a few pokies in them temporarily as their all still young....but im wondering what species could stay in these more long term

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Just not psalmopoeus cambridgei
This!

I personally would go with psalms as well, ik not fond of avics.. Only problem with exoterras is the venting. I may add a few holes to the side of my 12*12 soon. Im suspecting it being why my camb girl passed

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Any Psalmopoeus sp.

Psalmos are fast and wired, and in an 8x8x12 cage they can be a jack-in-the-box when you're doing cage maintenance.

I don't know if those exo's have enough ventilation for Avics.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I've used 'em for avics, psalmos, some Africans (have some young OBTS and an H. mac in them atm) and young pokies and LVs (those got moved up to 12x12x18s later.) I used one for a young GBB once and made a lot of vine platforms. She webbed them up beautifully. These are expensive enclosures, so I try to use nice display species for them.

PMMEYOURTs

Arachnopeon
They work a lot better if you rip that giant fake rock wall out of the back

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm not a fan of "Exo Terra" in general, keep thinking that the brand is more for reptiles and not for T's. Here there's a lot of threads about arboreal T's housed in those arboreal Exo Terra enclosures. As you people probably heard, there's NOT enough ventilation, so many keepers ended up to replace the "Exo" top with an acrylic (with holes drilled) top one.

Now i've heard lately that those last ones, the "Nano" series, works more better for arboreal T's (still, it's what i've heard, eh.. i don't use Exo, i'm not into arboreals except for the "Poor Mans Pookies").

However i would NOT put my female Psalmopoeus cambridgei in that (especially a female!) because Psalmopoeus cambridgei are arboreal "beasts" when it comes to size, probably the biggest among Psalmopoeus genus. I have a 30 X 30 X 60 (height) cm for mine, glass, custom made.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
As you people probably heard, there's NOT enough ventilation, so many keepers ended up to replace the "Exo" top with an acrylic (with holes drilled) top one.
Its not ventilation that causes people to replace the top, its to keep some tarantulas from getting stuck or chewing through it. An acrylic top with holes drilled in it restricts ventilation more than the stainless steel screen already installed stock with the Exo Terra enclosures. Not to mention the vents below the doors. Those terrariums actually have ample ventilation.

Of course, before its mentioned ad nauseum...yes, we all know the screen top isn't a great choice for several species. (why bother talking about that again several times over like the other same dozen topics that the same people discuss here week after week.) :bored: