Overnight shipping vs. 2-3 day shipping?

jdeloach

Arachnopeon
Hi guys! I recently made a purchase from a fellow arachnoboard member and was really impressed with his confidence in 2-3 day shipping. I decided to give it a try and also save about $30. Sure enough my adult T arrived alive and completely healthy. The next week I worked out a trade with another member here and was strongly encouraging to use 2-3 day shipping (both sending and receiving). This individual told me that 2-3 day shipping is what he almost exclusively uses for his transactions/trades. I agreed we would both use 2-3 day shipping and both our specimens arrived alive and healthy. This was my first experience with something other then overnight shipping and I'm really thinking of using it more... I would appreciate your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with 2-3 day shipping vs overnight shipping. Also, which do you consider more beneficial: the lower risk of a DOA (if there even is a significant difference) or the lower cost in shipping (I'm sure we all can agree less money spent on shipping is more money spent on your next desired specimen)?

Thanks!!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Overnight is the best option if you want a live T with DOA guarantee

cold blood

Staff member
If the t is packed well and the temps aren't too hot or too cold (the only times I receive or send anyway), I always opt for the 2 day, both sending and receiving....unless of course its a very large order. Most of the t's I've shipped were 2-day...haven't had a loss...most of the t's I've bought were also with 2-day, not a loss in that direction either. There's a reason why many offer LAG with 2-day....its because they know how to properly pack a t.

How many times have we seen t's lost in the mail for days or even weeks and the t still makes it there alive....2 days is nothing, plus its about 1/4-1/8 the cost....$40 for a 9 ounce package is stupid ridiculous IMO.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Temps are a big factor, they should be mild for anything but overnight, at both ends of the transaction.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
And I was starting to get worried.... lol

I reccomend two day if its not winter. It gets very cold in ny. :) happy to hear he made it :)

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
I always use overnight shipping, mainly because I'm around in the mornings, but not the afternoons. Just the guarantee that it will be delivered by a certain time is worth the money for me. Plus I buy 5-10 spiders at a time, so the cost isn't all that bad if I'm already spending 3 or 4 hundred dollars.

jdeloach

Arachnopeon
Thanks again Tfisher! I can't wait to pair this male up with my girl (he is so huge!!!). I'll shoot you some pictures as soon as this breeding project gets under way!