I do wish he got bit!

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Like the title says, I really wish he got bit! Would have loved to see a photo of the aftermath of getting bit on the head with all the venom that the pokie has. I have no sympathy for stupidity, but laughter and having a beer..........

<edit>

Here we are on forums trying to teach others not to handle tarantulas specially Poecilotheria sp. cause of the high potent venom that this spiders have. Yet stupid people ignore the danger of the outcome that could take place with this spiders.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
As much as I'd like to see him punished for his reckless action, I'm glad he wasn't bitten (assuming he wasn't). From the same stupid mind that would think this is ok, I can see making a fuss in the media, if only for the attention. And we don't need that. That said, I'm one of the group that would like a testing/licensing system for owning medically significant species. This guy is the poster child for why.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
As much as I'd like to see him punished for his reckless action, I'm glad he wasn't bitten (assuming he wasn't). From the same stupid mind that would think this is ok, I can see making a fuss in the media, if only for the attention. And we don't need that. That said, I'm one of the group that would like a testing/licensing system for owning medically significant species. This guy is the poster child for why.
100% agree. Stupidity isn't silent - if he was bitten, he would have posted a picture of himself in the hospital. That would do none of us any good. And I very much wish there was a system in place for potent venom, although I think an outright ban would happen before that, unfortunately.

Either way, beautiful pokie :biggrin: P. striata, it seems?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Its probably best for everybody that he came out unscaved... He's pretty dumb though

Nicolas C

Arachnosquire
In french, we call that: "Avoir une araignée au plafond" which means acting foolish. Pretty litteral illustration here...

Hope he and/or the T weren't hurt.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
That's just it, we could easily pay the price for stupid things like that. Bites in the head and neck are much more serious. Would this guy even care if his bite triggered bans? If not bitten, will he even own spiders a year from now, or will he be off looking for new animals to do reckless things with? The biggest threats to our hobby probably come from transient people looking for an adrenaline rush. They're in long enough to see how much attention they can get and how much damage they can do.

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He's already going bald. I think his best option is to just tattoo the spider up there.

Either way, beautiful pokie :biggrin: P. striata, it seems?
Likely a P. Regalis. Indeed a beautiful spider.

Last edited:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First:
Wishing this person (ADULT) to get bit by a Poecilotheria sp. cause he felt the need of showing off, fun, cool, brave etc. I stand by my remark.

Second:

I never would want any tarantulas to be banned but unfortunately cause of the recklessness that people keep doing with this creatures it may happen. Not just by getting bit but by posting themselves online taking risk like this could result in suspension of owning this sp. all together. This guy is an adult, he is not teaching any positive care ownership to our younger future generation. It is fun and games to some of this people and of course it's not the first time we see a photo of someone with a Poecilotheria sp. on their head. Once I did come across a photo of someone having their Poecilotheria sp. on their face.
You never know if owners keep posting photos of this spiders in a reckless way it could result in banning this spiders. People already have gone to hospitals for bites I know I was one of those people that got bit by one of this species. I know how it feels and the side effect from the bite. The bites from this spiders are already on hospital records. All it takes is one dumb idiot to get this species banned and one government official to end it all.
I guess I wished for this guy to get bit cause of the fact when my ornata bit me her fangs went straight to the bone of my finger tip and I wanted this guy to feel that wonderful pain on his head since the bone is so close to the skin. Yes, I know awful to think this way.
With all the conversations we have had on forums about what we shouldn't/should do we intent to disrespect and ignore what this creature can do.................specially to a minor.

Last edited:

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Some guy did that with a B.Albo (I think) at a reptile show once..

You can just dust off an albo bite. Pokie bites can lead to horrible experiences.

Rick, is there any scientifical evidence to show a bite on the head might have more serious consequences? I can't imagine of a reason to back up that claim, but bites on the neck I'd imagine can rupture some veins and it can get real nasty.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
You can just dust off an albo bite. Pokie bites can lead to horrible experiences.

Rick, is there any scientifical evidence to show a bite on the head might have more serious consequences? I can't imagine of a reason to back up that claim, but bites on the neck I'd imagine can rupture some veins and it can get real nasty.

Do a search on venomous head/neck bites, but not limited to spiders. Many venoms do most of their damage near the site of the bite. When the brain is so close, it can cause permanent problems when they'd otherwise be temporary, or fatalities which wouldn't have happened if bitten on the limbs or torso.

LazzeZee

Arachnopeon
I see nothing? Was there a link or picture or something that has now been removed?
I use tapatalk.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Yes, but the brain is isolated by the skull, there is also the blood-brain barrier. The venom needs to pass a lot of protection to get to the brain, and also it will travel through the bloodstream just as it would do if bitten on the limb and evenly spread around the body. Guess I'll have to wait for proper studies to be conducted to see the effects. Now, who wants to get some venom injected into them? :clown:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I see nothing? Was there a link or picture or something that has now been removed?
I use tapatalk.
Sometimes I have a hard time understanding all the rules of the forum. In any case this post is about a person with a Poecilotheria sp. on his head.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod

For the same reasons why special forces don't shot anaesthetic bullets (don't know if it's the right name, they are a sort of "bullet" syringe) in the head area (when they are ordered to capture, not kill someone) but in legs, arms.. those chemicals can damage a lot.
Now, a Poecilotheria ornata or a Stromatopelma calceatum wet bite in the face have the power to lead to serious :poop: situation.
Healthy man were in pain for a bite in the hand, imagine a bite near the eye area, nose etc

Here, another example of pure finest stupidity.. of course the T is not an OW, ok.. but the message is wrong. And uneducated IMO.

Sometimes i think.. what's wrong, what's the mental problems of those people? But there aren't answers. Teachers are supposed to educate.. what's the message they send to childrens? That you can "headling" a T? Pathetic. Here those would be fired in no time, and not for the Ban.
That's not "freedom", or overcome fear, or learn. That's ignorance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q6Mkt60li4

Last edited:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For the same reasons why special forces don't shot anaesthetic bullets (don't know if it's the right name, they are a sort of "bullet" syringe) in the head area (when they are ordered to capture, not kill someone) but in legs, arms.. those chemicals can damage a lot.
Now, a Poecilotheria ornata or a Stromatopelma calceatum wet bite in the face have the power to lead to serious :poop: situation.
Healthy man were in pain for a bite in the hand, imagine a bite near the eye area, nose etc
Or imagine getting a bite on your manly part. How will that take affect on your life?