I'm not sure what to say

Prle

Arachnopeon
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Yeah, it's totally the evil tarantula's fault and not at all the genius who insisted on handling and kept handling even after the T started expressing it didn't want to be held. We were just talking about when people in the hobby for the wrong reasons get bit and make a fuss to the media and look, we get this on a Pseudo-news Youtube channel.

Want some real fun? Go through the comments. That's totally a pinktoe btw and good luck arguing otherwise.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, it's totally the evil tarantula's fault and not at all the genius who insisted on handling and kept handling even after the T started expressing it didn't want to be held. We were just talking about when people in the hobby for the wrong reasons get bit and make a fuss to the media and look, we get this on a Pseudo-news Youtube channel.

Want some real fun? Go through the comments. That's totally a pinktoe btw and good luck arguing otherwise.
Huh ?? Pink toe ? !

It looks to me that the T was just holding on to the hand; and not really attempting to bite.
Shrug

cold blood

Staff member

I also find the comments to be the real source of amusement....gawd are there some idiots out there:eek:

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Huh ?? Pink toe ? !

It looks to me that the T was just holding on to the hand; and not really attempting to bite.
Shrug
I was referencing the comments. Some of the commenters are sure that's a pink toe and that since they (pinktoes that is) can hold onto glass, there would be no reason for that fang-work to be an attempt at holding on. Yeeeeeep....

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Obviously there's been a serious dumbing down for the handler and the commenters .

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
That is some sort of NW terrestrial, obviously trying to hold on for dear life to keep itself from falling to it's death... poor little fella

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Sadly there's too much idiots with the right to buy a T. Useless, voyeuristic, views loving trash.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was referencing the comments. Some of the commenters are sure that's a pink toe and that since they (pinktoes that is) can hold onto glass, there would be no reason for that fang-work to be an attempt at holding on. Yeeeeeep....
Oh I C....
Brilliant !!

cold blood

Staff member
Looks like a G. rosea/porteri
I don't see that at all. Looks like either an LP or an LD. Those fangs are too large to be a rosea/porteri, plus to me it just doesn't look like either of those....looks Lasiodora to me.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
So was she trying to hold on or bite?

I thought it was fascinating watching the fangs.

Why is anyone surprised by the comments? Though the hive mind of the internet when it came to spiders was "burn down the house!"

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
So was she trying to hold on or bite?

I thought it was fascinating watching the fangs.

Why is anyone surprised by the comments? Though the hive mind of the internet when it came to spiders was "burn down the house!"
Trying to hold on, if she wanted to bite she would have... look at the angle she's being held at, most terrestrials don't have great ability to cling vertically like aboreals do and thus when they find themselves in situations like these, they often use their fangs for support...

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Trying to hold on, if she wanted to bite she would have... look at the angle she's being held at, most terrestrials don't have great ability to cling vertically like aboreals do and thus when they find themselves in situations like these, they often use their fangs for support...
Oh, they do. More than you think :) There are many terrestrials which are often found in trees, feet above the ground.

I think it was actually mistaking him for prey or something, trying to pull his finger towards its body, like they do with prey. Either way, if it wanted to bite, it would have.

Necromion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is the most unnerving thing my rose hair does to me... she loves to do it when im doing a demo too.... normally one that involves small children too...

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Oh, they do. More than you think :) There are many terrestrials which are often found in trees, feet above the ground.

I think it was actually mistaking him for prey or something, trying to pull his finger towards its body, like they do with prey. Either way, if it wanted to bite, it would have.
Like I said: 'most' terrestrials, and don't have 'great' ability like aboreals. Didn't say they couldn't if they wanted. I still think it was just clinging though.. either way, the stupidity amazes me